JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Able to do a a bgc and get the handgun (18-21 years old) vs sill not legal (need to be 21+)

• Total voters
U looking to adopt?

First post, Mr. 5th Gen. Hope that is, as in 5th Gen 4Runner. Great trucks. Well, I already have three boys that shoot so full house these days!

He turns 21 in one year, need to figure out what he gets for that. Thinking Glock 17 (so mags are compatible with his Kriss) and a .45 suppressor. If I put in for the can now it might have its stamp by the time he turns 21 and he goes onto my trust, since it's a trust he then has access to it right away.
. download (2).jpeg

First post, Mr. 5th Gen. Hope that is, as in 5th Gen 4Runner. Great trucks. Well, I already have three boys that shoot so full house these days!

He turns 21 in one year, need to figure out what he gets for that. Thinking Glock 17 (so mags are compatible with his Kriss) and a .45 suppressor. If I put in for the can now it might have its stamp by the time he turns 21 and he goes onto my trust, since it's a trust he then has access to it right away.
. View attachment 792129
From the information I gathered, you as the father can gift your son that handgun. Did you just give it to him? No bill of sale/paperwork? And another thing what if he used the gifted gun you bought in self defense, could you be liable for handing or giving him that firearm? One last last thing since it was a pistol you gifted did that cause more hoops to jump though?

From the information I gathered, you as the father can gift your son that handgun. Did you just give it to him? No bill of sale/paperwork? And another thing what if he used the gifted gun you bought in self defense, could you be liable for handing or giving him that firearm? One last last thing since it was a pistol you gifted did that cause more hoops to jump though?

His guns all live in my Safe. He has access to them when he wants but as a college student, he chooses to keep them locked up in my custody. The pistol is his as much as the rifles he has including his little cricket .22LR he freaked out the neighborhood moms with (really it was me) at his 5th birthday*. When the time comes he is taking them out on his own, living on his own (not just in school) I can address the issue of transferred ownership.

*Sons 5th birthday, he unwraps his gift from me and holds his Cricket .22LR over his head to show everyone. One neighborhood smartypants Mom goes "Really? that's the worst looking toy gun I have ever seen, you can do better than that.. DAD". Me: "It's not a toy gun". Neighborhood Mom "Ghasp!..... you gave your 5yr old a real gun!". Me "Yup now he can unwrap the bullets, we're going shooting tomorrow".:D

Basic black Cricket .22LR, simple and great learning gun for little guys. All my boys learned to shoot on this, but my oldest lays the correct claim that it's his.
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.30.37 PM.png

His guns all live in my Safe. He has access to them when he wants but as a college student, he chooses to keep them locked up in my custody. The pistol is his as much as the rifles he has including his little cricket .22LR he freaked out the neighborhood moms with (really it was me) at his 5th birthday*. When the time comes he is taking them out on his own, living on his own (not just in school) I can address the issue of transferred ownership.

*Sons 5th birthday, he unwraps his gift from me and holds his Cricket .22LR over his head to show everyone. One neighborhood smartypants Mom goes "Really? that's the worst looking toy gun I have ever seen, you can do better than that.. DAD". Me: "It's not a toy gun". Neighborhood Mom "Ghasp!..... you gave your 5yr old a real gun!". Me "Yup now he can unwrap the bullets, we're going shooting tomorrow".:D

Basic black Cricket .22LR, simple and great learning gun for little guys. All my boys learned to shoot on this, but my oldest lays the correct claim that it's his.
View attachment 792265
Last year I gave a pink one to my 6 year old Great Niece. We are a family of gun owner's, and avid shooter's. So far other then those of us who have served, none of the family has used one for anything other than target practice, and hunting. We teach safety young. Even before they are exposed, oops, taught Sex Ed in our schools at that age now.

Only legal (i think) way in Oregon is for a family member close enough to give or sell a firearm to you without a BGC. If they buy one with the intent to sell it to you it's a straw purchase and still illegal. ALL other transactions require a BGC in Oregon. Personally, just wait a few yeas.
What about buying firearm for family member as a gift, is that a straw purchase?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top