JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I apologize in advance for the stupid questions but I'm new to hand guns and need some advice.

I do a lot of dual sport riding up in the hills and have had a few situations where it would have been nice to have some protection with me incase the "flight" option doesn't work out. I have never carried a hand gun so I want to do it right. I plan on taking a safety class.

Is there a good way to carry while you are on a bike? I assumed in a back pack in a holster but maybe there is something better. Most rides are not that crazy but I do plenty of bouncing around so is that an issue for a handgun?

I apologize in advance for the stupid questions but I'm new to hand guns and need some advice.

I do a lot of dual sport riding up in the hills and have had a few situations where it would have been nice to have some protection with me incase the "flight" option doesn't work out. I have never carried a hand gun so I want to do it right. I plan on taking a safety class.

Is there a good way to carry while you are on a bike? I assumed in a back pack in a holster but maybe there is something better. Most rides are not that crazy but I do plenty of bouncing around so is that an issue for a handgun?

Some leather jackets have gun pockets. Another piece of advice if you are ever in a confrontation when cycling, keep your helmet on.;)

If you aren't crashing you aren't riding.:s0155: My "dual sport" is really a dirtbike with a plate so laying it down and getting dirty is not unusual. I'm lucky enough to be able to leave my house after work and be on trails in 10 minutes. Now if the hills were not suddenly full of meth heads I wouldn't have to worry about it.

If you aren't crashing you aren't riding.:s0155: My "dual sport" is really a dirtbike with a plate so laying it down and getting dirty is not unusual. I'm lucky enough to be able to leave my house after work and be on trails in 10 minutes. Now if the hills were not suddenly full of meth heads I wouldn't have to worry about it.
That is a dirtbike cliche, not a streetbike cliche BTW.:D

I use a Galco "Miami Classic" shoulder holster and it works with any pants. You do need a jacket or light coat with this setup, naturally, but it gives reasonably fast access which is a prime requiste when responding to the unexpected.

True. I guess I should say that I have never crashed on the road. Most of my time on road is connecting trails and I only do enough pavement to get to the dirt. I'm allergic to pavement and soccer moms in minivans yacking on their cell phones.

That looks interesting. I have a tool kit strapped on the fender so I may look for something that would mount on the bike in front of me rather than on me. I don't even have a hand gun yet so once I get one I'll have to start narrowing down what it will fit in.

I like Smart Carry - If you can stand with both feet on the ground or are sitting in a car it is fine.
It's my preferred way to carry. ( I can wear shorts) their is a you-tube video of a guy carrying a full size 1911A through a Karate or kick boxing class Under the "bathrobe" -or Karate uniform.

I like this if I was going to ride in to Downtown Portland (Discrete) I guess the most important thing is that if it was in an open holster - I would worry about it flying loose if I was in an accident. God forbid a kid pick it up later - it goes flying off and you go to the Hospital. This isn't going anywhere.

This is what some of the sky marshals carry as well.

They have a 60 day trial. Their is woman wearing a halter top and a mini skirt in heels and is packing on this page <broken link removed> But that is not why i bought.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

I like Smart Carry - If you can stand with both feet on the ground or are sitting in a car it is fine.
It's my preferred way to carry. ( I can wear shorts) their is a you-tube video of a guy carrying a full size 1911A through a Karate or kick boxing class Under the "bathrobe" -or Karate uniform.

I like this if I was going to ride in to Downtown Portland (Discrete) I guess the most important thing is that if it was in an open holster - I would worry about it flying loose if I was in an accident. God forbid a kid pick it up later - it goes flying off and you go to the Hospital. This isn't going anywhere.

This is what some of the sky marshals carry as well.

They have a 60 day trial. Their is woman wearing a halter top and a mini skirt in heels and is packing on this page <broken link removed> But that is not why i bought.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

I'm just have a hard time getting used to the idea of having a gun pointed at my package :biglaugh:

I agree with you, it can get spooky out in the back country. There are bad people out there on the back roads, and I too met some several times in my logging road riding days.

If you need to "dig" for a weapon it is already too late! If you need one you will need it quick. On a motorcycle that can only mean FRONT JACKET POCKET right side (so you can still use the clutch.) Choose a good cycle jacket with large "belly" pockets in either a flap or zipper style. Add a large, solid pull-tab to your zippers. Add snaps or velcro to your pocket flaps, so nothing falls out but still opens instantly.

As you meet "older" bikers wearing jackets, give a casual glance to their beer-bellies. They are usually a little fatter on one side...................elsullo :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top