JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Numerous places man. Just go into your LGS and see if they're a class 3 dealer. If they are, well then there ya go. Prepare to wait 6+ months to get it though. The process is easy as pie. Finger prints, FBI/ATF BGC, $200 bucks to the feds plus the price of the can then a 6 month wait....then you can have quiet fun....

+1 on the silencershop.

There are some shops around, but I've heard nothing but good things about silencershop.

But basically you find the one you want, pay for it, fill out the form 4 ATF paperwork and pay your $200 tax stamp and then wait 6-8 months +/-
Then have fun, quietly

6-8 months is extremely optimistic at the moment... Going on 9 months for me right now.

Also, there is no such thing as a silencer permit (directed at the OP).

I would hazard a guess that the wait for a form 4 submitted today would be at least 10 months and 12 months would probably be a possibility. The form 4 I sent in in late May 2016 took just about exactly 9 months.

Just purchased a my first can, a Liberty Mystic x, from silencershop this week. What an easy process it was going and using one of their kiosks, 2 thumbs up here from a first time suppressor buyer. They promptly responded to the questions I asked them through email as well. Gonna be a long wait, luckily Rich's Gun Shop will let me shoot it on their range while it's in jail there.

Im waiting to see if the Hearing protection act goes through before I think of getting one.
You are probably in for a long wait. Longer than if you bought the suppressor today and submitted your form 4 tomorrow. If it does pass, you'll get your $200 back. If it doesn't pass, you'll have your suppressor. Many people are waiting for the hearing protection act to pass, so suppressor prices have been depressed meaning that there are deals to be had. If/when the act passes, demand will shoot up along with prices. Availability will be very limited, unlike right now.

Really, the only real reason to wait is the small hassle of filling out the paperwork.

Im waiting to see if the Hearing protection act goes through before I think of getting one.
That's a bad plan for a few reasons. The wait time now for stamps will be replaced with an even longer time waiting for stock to show up on shelves. If you're serious about getting one, suck it up and get in line for one now. Prices will skyrocket, and supply would never fulfill demand. We also don't have a gun friendly supermajority in the house or senate, so passing the HPA would be an insane feat in of itself.

Last Edited:
Meanwhile, here in poor old yUK, we can walk into the gun store with our Firearms Certificate and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and walk out again with it in your hand.....

Mind you, there ARE a couple of downers.

1. You HAVE to have that Firearms Certificate annotated for 'moderator'.

2. In England, Scotland and Wales there are no handguns generally available to the average shooter. And in Northern Ireland they are prohibited on handguns...

tac

Meanwhile, here in poor old yUK, we can walk into the gun store with our Firearms Certificate and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and walk out again with it in your hand.....

Mind you, there ARE a couple of downers.

1. You HAVE to have that Firearms Certificate annotated for 'moderator'.

2. In England, Scotland and Wales there are no handguns generally available to the average shooter. And in Northern Ireland they are prohibited on handguns...

tac
Plus silencer technology over there has to be primitive compared to the industry over here that's driven by civilian sales and military contracts.

I'll assume for the moment, pending your response, that you are being serious, and don't be dissin' de UK.

Moderator technology over here in Europe is well-advanced, thank you, with about 30% off ALL rifles in use here in yUK, that's about 1.5 million, BTW, being fitted with moderators. Even some shotguns are fitted with moderators, too.

True, the UK as a whole has virtually zero sales for handgun moderators, but most of the moderators you can buy in the US are made here in Europe or Scandinavia.

High Quality Firearm Moderators

Oh, look, a REAL bang-gun rifle-y thing with an integral moderator! Wow, is that amazing or what, AND it seems to be made in UK, hard though it is to imagine how that primitive society could possibly make anything that doesn't involve pounding two rocks together. :rolleyes:

Get real, Sir. There is nothing 'primitive' about the UK, compared to the USA, why, in my village alone there are AT LEAST four huts with a window and they say that any time in the next ten years or so we might get running water that comes out of the wall via a 'faucet' or 'tap' as they are called here - believe it or not.

tac

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads