JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here we go again and King5 sucks at journalism they think vendors can sell guns at gun shows without background checks. Time to contact your reps again and force this group to try and get enough signatures to put it on a ballot, which hopefully they would fail at.

Wonder if Bloomberg is going to show up with his bus tour to try and get this thing more media attention

<broken link removed>

I'm intrigued to see if they try to slip anything else into this bill, like the warrant-less searches proposed in Olympia earlier this year that failed.

WAGR has already raised nearly a million dollars already, and they have another year to raise more. This is a serious challenge for WA gun owners. We won the last anti-gun initiative by 20%, but this one is bound to be close.

Here we go again and King5 sucks at journalism they think vendors can sell guns at gun shows without background checks. Time to contact your reps again and force this group to try and get enough signatures to put it on a ballot, which hopefully they would fail at.

Wonder if Bloomberg is going to show up with his bus tour to try and get this thing more media attention
<broken link removed>

I'd slap that little German but I know Bubblegum splatters!!!

I'm intrigued to see if they try to slip anything else into this bill, like the warrant-less searches proposed in Olympia earlier this year that failed.

WAGR has already raised nearly a million dollars already, and they have another year to raise more. This is a serious challenge for WA gun owners. We won the last anti-gun initiative by 20%, but this one is bound to be close.

We won the last one because of overwhelming law enforcement opposition to the last one and the fact they asked for extreme regulations.... this one may pass because it's more "reasonable" then the handgun initiatives in the late 90s. We need to start getting LE support to oppose this bill and force the media to start telling the truth. we should get someone well spoken to talk to the news agency... believe it or not, on a slow news day they may be agreeable to having a pro-gun representative talk our side on the issue.

Gun control measure goes to legislature today, says KING

A proposed gun control measure backed by big money Seattle venture capitalist Nick Hanauer will reportedly be submitted to the Washington legislature in Olympia today, according to KING 5 News.

<broken link removed>

Hang on, here come the speed bumps....

How can the legislature still be in session?

They are in session because they cannot agree on a budget. Theory is, they are not supposed to consider any new legislation, but we'll see. With who is in control, don't hold your breath.

As to the putting to the people? We can organize to, and that group does not have the needed signatures to get it on the ballet yet. They could easily be counting their chickens before they are hatched.

As to the putting to the people? We can organize to, and that group does not have the needed signatures to get it on the ballet yet. They could easily be counting their chickens before they are hatched.

dream on. They will get the signatures because they have plenty of money to hire signature gatherers.
They will get the signatures because they are selling this as a "background check" measure and the majority of people, including gun owners, alas, support some kind of check, but as you know the devil is always in the details.

We don't know what kind of check they want. Whether it will include record keeping (probably) and so forth.

And it will get on the ballot.

dream on. They will get the signatures because they have plenty of money to hire signature gatherers.
They will get the signatures because they are selling this as a "background check" measure and the majority of people, including gun owners, alas, support some kind of check, but as you know the devil is always in the details.

We don't know what kind of check they want. Whether it will include record keeping (probably) and so forth.

And it will get on the ballot.

The campaign to stop this initiative can start the minute it hits the streets to gather signatures. If people actually know what they are being asked to sign, they might think twice. Not every initiative, not even well funded ones make it to the ballot.

I would think that at least one component of that opposition could be the fact that we are innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law. Background checks assume you are a prohibited person, and guilty, unless you prove yourself innocent.

Another approach could be personal privacy, and the IRS/NSA scandals. Personally, I am not sure it cannot be stopped before it ever gets on the ballot.

Could I just volunteer as a signature gatherer, then grab a sign and petitions standing in the mall yelling "sign here for gun registration" "we want to confiscate all the guns, sign here to take em away"

And then when people see sig gatherers for that initiative they'll avoid them and not sign it...

They are in session because they cannot agree on a budget. Theory is, they are not supposed to consider any new legislation, but we'll see. With who is in control, don't hold your breath.

Special sessions should be limited to the budget.. that would make for an excellent initiative!

Could I just volunteer as a signature gatherer, then grab a sign and petitions standing in the mall yelling "sign here for gun registration" "we want to confiscate all the guns, sign here to take em away"

And then when people see sig gatherers for that initiative they'll avoid them and not sign it...

You have an excellent idea, subvert from within.

The campaign to stop this initiative can start the minute it hits the streets to gather signatures. If people actually know what they are being asked to sign, they might think twice. Not every initiative, not even well funded ones make it to the ballot.

I would think that at least one component of that opposition could be the fact that we are innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law. Background checks assume you are a prohibited person, and guilty, unless you prove yourself innocent.

Another approach could be personal privacy, and the IRS/NSA scandals. Personally, I am not sure it cannot be stopped before it ever gets on the ballot.

Not that I disagree with you about fighting this thing, because I don't.
However, you seem to be overlooking the obvious: They'll gather their signatures in Seattle, Spokane, Vancouver, Everett and Bellingham and on every university campus.

They won't bother trying in Winthrop or Twisp, Republic or Goldendale, Cle Elum or Randle; places where someone would grab that initiative and shove it in...well....

"Guilty until proven innocent" sounds good at the Puyallup gun show, but not when you're trying to explain to the average citizen that you're a good guy, not some hardened criminal, because those tennis shoe moms will just say right back at you: "Well, if you have nothing to hide, what's your problem with a little inconvenience if you save the life of my child?"

You will have to convince people that this is insidious, that it is an invasion of privacy, that it will not accomplish anything and a possible threat to THEIR Liberty...

Good luck with that. You would still get people willing to sign to take guns from people. It might shock you.
Besides, you could get yourself into some possible legal trouble with a stunt like that. Civil stuff.

Point/Counter point, Hermanr v. any anti gunner

But what about the children!?!
I would think that at least one component of that opposition could be the fact that we are innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
SANDY HOOK, AURORA, YOU HATE THE CHILDREN
Background checks assume you are a prohibited person, and guilty, unless you prove yourself innocent.
YOU HAVE TO REGISTER YOUR CAR, AND SHOULD REGISTER YOUR GUN, UNLESS YOU HATE THE CHILDREN

Another approach could be personal privacy, and the IRS/NSA scandalsAll Bush's Fault, to SAVE THE CHILDREN. Personally, I am not sure it cannot be stopped before it ever gets on the ballot. STOP HATING THE CHILDREN?! WHY DO YOU HATE THE CHIDLREN???

this hypothetical exchange is why it's very difficult to win logical arguments against anti-gunners.... if you try arguments that make sense and sound intelligent they'll just start talking to you like an inbred hillbilly strawman and simply say you value your "toys" over people's lives.... that's why i'm not optimistic about ballot measures, there are too many washingtonians who either dont care about gun laws or think we need to have laws like Canada, and i think too many gun owners are under the mistaken impression that if they just compromise with anti gunners and go for back ground checks that the anti-gun folks will just go away.....

I trying to sound hopeful, but didn't we just stop or stall a bunch of anti gun legislation in Washington? We called, wrote voicing our opinions, we need to do this now on the streets of Seattle, Spokane, Vancouver, Everett and Bellingham and on every university campus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top