JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any hams out there, please help me out. Went to renew online today and went through the process. Got to the end (on the FCC site) and they didnt charge me for the renewal. I dont want issues down the road so I took a screen shot of them saying there was no renewal fee. There is. I have the letter they sent to me with the $7 charge. What should I do? I tried calling but the govt is shut down so there's no one there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

And is there any way to pay it even though nothing is due? Like making an over payment?

I'm a ham as well.

Actually, from the link I listed it said, "You may receive a license expiration notification from an entity, but you are not required to use its services." I'm guessing the notification you received was from an entity that wanted to charge you $7, when you can just do it online yourself at no cost.

Ditto what Ash said. Being that it's public information lots of third party low life billers will glom all of the public license data and send you an "official" looking envelope. They will include all of the accurate info regarding expirations, renewal fees, etc. Then they add a line for their processing fee. Hugely scam. I get them all the time for state renewals, yellow pages, etc. At the very best, these things are only useful to remind you that you have a renewal coming up. Definitely do it online. If you have any questions, email the FCC. They do respond.

Yeah I tried that bro.....Federal government is shut down so that's a no go at this point....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top