JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped by Target today after picking up my NWFA classified purchases and they had Spiral cut hams for .99 a lb. The ham tag said the price was $1.29 a lb. I asked the kid working in that dept if it would ring up at the .99 price when I checked out, he scanned it with his handheld and said yep it will ring up as .99 a lb. So I take it up to the self check, scan it and it rings up at $1.29 a lb. I call the self check checker over and he says you have to use the app to get the sale price. I told him the tag on the meat case said it was .99 a lb and it didn't say anything about using a coupon, app, etc. He starts rattling off something about the 50% off deal being on the app only so I walk the 13lb ham back over to the meat section and put it back. Then I see the kid again and I tell him what the self check guy said and he said take it back up there and tell them I don't need the app. This time I decided to try a regular check stand and I get in line with the ham. The self check guy sees me and calls me over, he tells me he talked to guest services and they said he could give me the 50% off without the app. I still have no idea where he is getting the 50% off from, I just wanted the .99 a lb price that would be .30 cents a lb off the tag price. I scan the ham and then he jumps in and does some manual price adjustment and ask me "How does $8.40 sound?" I said "sure" He took 50% off the $1.29 a lb price so I got ham at about .65 cents a lb. That is the cheapest spiral cut ham I have ever bought. I am tempted to go back but not much room in our freezer.

As for dog poo, for spits sake if you are going to toss your bags of dog poop in the bushes just leave the poop and don't bag it. Every time I walk I see new bags of poo joining the old bags of poo. It is not just one person doing this. Poo will disappear pretty quickly, bagged poop won't.

I can live with the fur tossers but the poo bag tossers really suck.

20220429_094338.jpg

20220429_100834.jpg

20220429_130853.jpg

Maybe Easter dinner isn't that big a deal as it use-ta-was??

I picked up 6, 10-14 lb hams last week at Winco for .78 a lb ...
... best by date is June 22.

They had shank, butt, and spiral cut for that price.

Gonna be eatin' samiches, ...a whole lotta sammiches :s0155:
... and making lots of pea soup and baked beans with the bones.

(I didn't sniff around the 'hood for doggy poop bags in the bushes tho)

Last Edited:
I stopped by Target today after picking up my NWFA classified purchases and they had Spiral cut hams for .99 a lb. The ham tag said the price was $1.29 a lb. I asked the kid working in that dept if it would ring up at the .99 price when I checked out, he scanned it with his handheld and said yep it will ring up as .99 a lb. So I take it up to the self check, scan it and it rings up at $1.29 a lb. I call the self check checker over and he says you have to use the app to get the sale price. I told him the tag on the meat case said it was .99 a lb and it didn't say anything about using a coupon, app, etc. He starts rattling off something about the 50% off deal being on the app only so I walk the 13lb ham back over to the meat section and put it back. Then I see the kid again and I tell him what the self check guy said and he said take it back up there and tell them I don't need the app. This time I decided to try a regular check stand and I get in line with the ham. The self check guy sees me and calls me over, he tells me he talked to guest services and they said he could give me the 50% off without the app. I still have no idea where he is getting the 50% off from, I just wanted the .99 a lb price that would be .30 cents a lb off the tag price. I scan the ham and then he jumps in and does some manual price adjustment and ask me "How does $8.40 sound?" I said "sure" He took 50% off the $1.29 a lb price so I got ham at about .65 cents a lb. That is the cheapest spiral cut ham I have ever bought. I am tempted to go back but not much room in our freezer.

As for dog poo, for spits sake if you are going to toss your bags of dog poop in the bushes just leave the poop and don't bag it. Every time I walk I see new bags of poo joining the old bags of poo. It is not just one person doing this. Poo will disappear pretty quickly, bagged poop won't.

I can live with the fur tossers but the poo bag tossers really suck.
Have not shopped at Target in a long time. Do they have one of those cards or have you set up an "account" kind of thing? It sounds like this is what they were after. Fred's and Albertsons have done this for a long time here. Sale stuff all over the store that in fine print mentions that unless you either use your card or enter your phone # showing the account you do not get the sale price. They make money selling the info of course. Mattes none to me as anyone who wants to "track me" is welcome to do so. Do not lead a very exciting life :D

Have not shopped at Target in a long time. Do they have one of those cards or have you set up an "account" kind of thing? It sounds like this is what they were after. Fred's and Albertsons have done this for a long time here. Sale stuff all over the store that in fine print mentions that unless you either use your card or enter your phone # showing the account you do not get the sale price. They make money selling the info of course. Mattes none to me as anyone who wants to "track me" is welcome to do so. Do not lead a very exciting life :D
Good question, I have a shoppers cards and apps loaded for Safeway and Freddys. I rarely shop at Target but the shelf tag didn't indicate that it was a "digital only" type deal. I am guessing the 50% off deal may have been.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top