JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do any of you thrive on this holiday? Any special decorations or costumes?

This is our favorite one although we only get 3-10 trick-or-treater's each year, so that kinda' sucks! More candy for us.

Still love it---any others?

Wifey

I put out scary stuff for the first time ever. Hate/ignore just about all other holidays so I figured why not. (Xmas in Las Vegas helps cure that)

Not many kids would brave my long stairway. If they do they'll probably get a can of tuna and an opener.

Yep, this is a day I really look forward to. I miss having small people in my house, and there's no grandkids planned in the near future, so I really enjoy the little people ringing my doorbell.:s0155:

There used to be more, but somehow the bag got opened.
P1000613.jpg

P1000617.jpg

P1000616.jpg

WAYNO.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you thrive on this holiday? Any special decorations or costumes?

This is our favorite one although we only get 3-10 trick-or-treater's each year, so that kinda' sucks! More candy for us.

Still love it---any others?

Wifey

wish we got that many total here 0

No kids. Soon will be putting away stack of $1s (the strippers were ugly last weekend), flashlights, packs of candy, handfuls of change, protein bars, slingshots, bullhorn w/ Halloween movie music, debit cards (LOL). Damn kids and their Neil Sedaka records; they really missed out not knocking here.

It is the pansy fearful parents fault for being paranoid and clucking over their kids.

I guess I'll go back to being bitter about the little brats. Life is easier that way!

NSFW - Child worship!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister in Salem taught school for 25 years, K & 1st grade. Loves kids, and she is a Halloween Nut!

Before her own kids grew up and moved out, they used to make dummies out of clothes stuffed with newspaper and position them all over the lawn near the semi-lit walkway to her front door. Obviously fake, but good enough. Throw on some piles of fall leaves and they look kind of eerie in the shadows. Even better, a couple of the dummies were teenage boys who'd sit up slowy in the dark and scare the living cr*p out of the kids.

That was then and this is now. With everybody packing heat and watching zombie shows, I'm not sure I'd volunteer for that gig tonight - even if it was warm and dry!

No kids here the last few years... with the rain and wind I can't say as I blame them this year... With the houses around here being a quarter mile or more apart and the steep incline I figure any kids in the area must go down to town where its quicker to score sugar loot.

Is it wrong to hand out .22 shells for Halloween?

Major score this year!! We musta' had around 16 kids. The smallest first, a group or two of older, and the last four stragglers around 9PM. You know the the kind, about 14, one of the four with some slight costume, and the other three nothing....all with pillow cases. Brought back fond memories of my own Halloweens when I was younger.

I wish I could get away with trick-or-treating NOW.

Mike

We had a few people come stomping all over my front walk.

I shot them, just to make sure they wouldn't keep trespassing.

Happened a few times. Was a bad night last night, so many people trying to break into my land.

Halloween is my holiday since I live with Mrs. Griswold for X-Mas. We put together a "haunted garage" with tons of decor from the Spirit store and Freddies. For the last 6-7 years I have made lots of kids cry and several actually pee their pants, even a Mom one year :woot: Her husband was laughing so hard he was crying on his knees. I have become infamous in my neighborhood so I have to keep improving every year. This is the first year my 11 year old daughter did not go out for candy, she stayed home and helped me scare the kids :s0040:

Well now it is off to work on the Christmas lights...:s0002:

My friend lives off Hwy 500 in Vantucky and he gets literally dozens and dozens of kids coming through. His street looks like the lunch bell rang at a school.

Being the typical cranky old man (think George Canstanza/Cartman/Scrooge combo) he turns off all his lights and hides. I wish I had that many trick or treaters. ZERO here.

Maybe next year go to your friend's and enjoy the parade of costumes! :)

This year was my first "proper" halloween as before I always lived in an apartment complex where no kids would go. We had a few dozen kids show up.

Fun to walk down the street with my small son who's 2.5, dressed as a pirate and fully immersed in his role commandeering teenagers on the street in his pirate voice (a mix between tiger sound and darth vader), while being a little charmer when getting candy.

Also nice for papa to go ccw for the first time.

First year I stayed home, sober, giving out candy. Didn't realize my neighborhood had so many Damn kids. There was probably 40 plus! I gave out three bags in the first hour, made my girlfriend run out to get more. Did have a couple douchy teens though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No kids here this year, in fact none for the last 9 years if I can remember correctly. They just don't want to come up the steep hill into this scary complex.

A very fun holiday for the youngsters, they really enjoy the candy collection routine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top