JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been meaning to share this adventure with you folks for some time. Just ran across the pics, so here it is.

Some years ago my sister, Betty, came up from Kalifornia on a business trip and informed me that she was dying to feel a trout on her fly line, and it was my duty to make it happen. So we loaded up my pickup with camping and fishing gear and made
the treacherous drive to Badger Lake, located in a deep bowl on the southeast slope of Mt. Hood. The next morning dawned bright, clear and warm, but, as always, we tucked our heavy coats in the back of our float tubes (just in case). About an hour and a half later, I had fished my way to near the far end of the lake, and Betty was a bit behind, having good luck along the tree line. Out of nowhere, dark clouds came over the ridge to the west, and you can see below what the next twenty minutes were like. The scariest part was about a dozen bolts of lighting hitting the trees all around the lake. (Not seen in the pics: since our rods were graphite we kept them below the surface most of the time.) A half hour later, it was bright and sunny, and stayed that way the rest of the day. My sister had a scratch and bruise on one hand, but aside from that, and being a bit shaken up, we were fine. And we caught a lot of fish.

hailstorm2.jpg hailstorm1.jpg hailstorm3.jpg hailstorm5.jpg

hailstorm6.jpg
hailstorm4.jpg
hailstorm7.jpg

When I lived in CO, we had hail so big you could play golf with it. On occasion baseball. I hated it.

That's what I call a "rest of your life story" because you now both have a great story to tell that you'll remember for the rest of your lives. Bonus points awarded for getting pics to go along with the tale. Glad you came through it as well as you did and also got some fish out of the deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top