JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the analogy of having a series of unlock codes for determining the level of force to apply. I believe the value of these discussions is in flexing our mental muscles. Much like we develop physical muscle memory for use of the weapon, we should be doing the same with our minds. This allows us a better chance of remembering what to do when you get into that stressful situation. You usually fall back on what you know.
Add: he brandishes his knife and comes at you, even after you draw your weapon, shoot to stop the threat, repeat as necessary.

I filed a police report, unfortunately Salem PD can't be bothered to actually show up and watch the video of a crime- just a phone call 4 hrs later to take the report...when seconds matter and the cops are minutes away- if at all right?

Of course, I am not an electrician. Thought it would be funny if you could rig it to give a nasty shock. I guess the second plan of having the ornament act as a primer pin for an attached grenade would be the next plan.

Well, I will say, Back when I was a young punk, My buddy and I used to steal the cromies from the tires of cars and trucks. One guy in the neighborhood hooked something up so when you would go to unscrew them, you would get a nice shock. Not sure how he did it but we always avoided that place.

I teach hand weapons. If you are confronted within 25 feet (some want this to be upped to 30 feet, +) by an assailant wielding a serious hand weapon, you are in mortal peril. Many millions have died from such over the millenia past

This could be a tire iron, a knife, a large rock, a glass beer pitcher, a piece of rebar, whatever. Think on it. And while you're at it consider getting off yer duffs and learning how to cope with such if primary defenses fail (your gun)

Real world self defense. No I don't mean sports arts with belts

Well, I will say, Back when I was a young punk, My buddy and I used to steal the cromies from the tires of cars and trucks. One guy in the neighborhood hooked something up so when you would go to unscrew them, you would get a nice shock. Not sure how he did it but we always avoided that place.

My brother was a hotrodder and had enough of those messing with his customs so he rigged an early 300,000K shock system for his rig, set up with a second deep cycle battery. He never had a problem after that but of course it's quite illegal (must coddle the savages)

Other ways to look at it.

You confront the guy. He brandishes the knife. You draw down on him and yell "drop the weapon". He does and runs off. Let him go and call the cops.

You confront the guy. He brandishes the knife. You back off and draw your gun to cover your retreat. Let him go and call the cops.

Now if he enters your place of business or home, that is a different set of rules of engagement.

I would just be careful that any use of force is conmensurate with the danger.

There's another few ways it could go:

1) You shoot him and are still charged by an overzealous prosecutor (Trayvon Martin anyone?) Let's say there either is not camera or it happens OFF camera, or the camera malfunctions, etc.

2) He runs off after you draw down on him and tells the cops that you brandished a weapon and he was just minding his own business, etc. Now you have a problem.... (no camera evidence as above).

3) You get cut and even though you shoot him, a major artery is severed and bleed to death before the first emergency vehicle even arrives.

4) You shoot and wound him and he sues. Even if he doesn't win, money goes down the drain defending yourself. You can sue anyone for anything in this country.

It's a sad reality these days that you are not only protecting yourself against thugs stealing your bubblegum, vandalizing your bubblegum, or trying to harm you, but also cops who are dirty and bubblegum with evidence to dish out their own justice because you are black/mexican/they don't like people who have guns/insert any other prejudice here, and government (prosecutors/court) and litigators.

I can't wait until I die and don't have to live in this cesspool anymore....

I teach hand weapons. If you are confronted within 25 feet (some want this to be upped to 30 feet, +) by an assailant wielding a serious hand weapon, you are in mortal peril. Many millions have died from such over the millenia past

This could be a tire iron, a knife, a large rock, a glass beer pitcher, a piece of rebar, whatever. Think on it. And while you're at it consider getting off yer duffs and learning how to cope with such if primary defenses fail (your gun)

Real world self defense. No I don't mean sports arts with belts

This.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews