JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Better even is a spring and and an aquifer. We have both, out on the Olympic Peninsula

Plus two salmon bearing streams :D

yeah, we have a nearby stream that runs year round....it is about 100 yards from our front door. We have a berkey water filter as a back-up...but that would be a LOT more work than the manual pump. Since water is extremely important, I feel much better having several options to get water.

I wrote on a stock investing forum many years ago that at some point in the future there would be nothing more valuable and rare as a clean glass of water. That went over like a lead balloon and I was made 'sport of' over that (like Carl Childers would say!).

Nothing is more important for survival than fresh water with the exception of air to breathe. I store water, have filters, but sure wish I had access to a well or a clean creek. I saw a rain barrel setup at A-Boy hardware and I've thought about that.

Technological marvels have made creating drinking water available from just about any putrid source, but clean water from the get-go would sure be nice.

Miss J,

You must have the electric submerged pump hanging below ground level or is there an above ground pump not visible in the picture?

Just curious if there is any drag at alll pulling the water through the pump if that's the path it takes.

We are on a well but ours is 275' deep with a sumerged pump hanging at 265' so it would be a strain IMHO to even try such an idea but relly love what you did.

Bill

Miss J .. buy some Swiss 5 gallon water bladders, Alice pack frames, belt and shoulder web gear and an Alice-pack-shelf and anyone can pack 5 gallons of water from it's source.. bonus is the black bags heat nicely and quickly for shower use

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top