JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Woah! That's lots more $ than the last time I checked.
Compare to one from Fulton Armory:
Fulton Armory

Last I checked, CMP is out of lower grade to mid grade Garands and it's not looking good for them to get any replacements any time soon, if ever. Now if Trump would okay the release of Garands into the US from Korea, that could be a good thing for us.

I was looking for a price on one of my 1911A1's and saw this one like it.

It got me to wondering if there is a bit of a surge in WWII guns.
Or maybe it's just people feel better about spending money?

In any case. Hacksaw ridge and movies like it. Never hurt WWII gun prices.

SOLD US WW2 COLT 1911A1 US ARMY PISTOL SEPT 1942 PRODUCTION....WB CARTOUCHED... MATCHING SLIDE....MINT CRISP!!! - Pre98

Last I checked, CMP is out of lower grade to mid grade Garands and it's not looking good for them to get any replacements any time soon, if ever. Now if Trump would okay the release of Garands into the US from Korea, that could be a good thing for us.

Let us prey they do return home. ;)

Nothing.
Good movie, though.
That medic (Desmond Doss) was one fearless SOB.
Yeah, I saw this movie the night before a 2-day firearms class. It was great and put a lot of emphasis on why having a med kit and getting some training is so important. Almost no-one in our class had a IFK on them. One of the guys in class is a Navy Medic so I talked to him about his kit during lunch and have made some changes to my own.

The increased number of gun owners also translates into an increased number of gun collectors. These collectors come from the ranks of the mid level gun owners who are now as they are getting older (over 40 is the magic number) are reaching their highest income and most free time part of their lives. Guys over 40 tend to look for either a younger wife (massively expensive) or a hobby be it a nice collector car a vehicle project or one of the other manly type hobbies. Gun collecting falls into this.

When you have a firearm that is no longer being manufactured (Think anything from a Henry to a Model 70 Winchester) the supply of excellent examples is drying up with each new collector buying his Bucket list rifle. A decent Henry now days is NORTH of 1/4 MILLION US DOLLARS!!! A nice Winchester Model 1895 in a good caliber can be pushing $3500 and a really nice one with the right build sheet can be well most then that.

M1 Grands easily fall into the Bucket list category Once you have two or three AR's and the other got to haves the guy building his collection will look to the classics And if Military Rifles pulls his chain then of course a M1 Garand is something he wants. And once he buys it then the next guy has fewer to chose from and as we all know SUPPLY AND DEMAND runs PRICE.

I'm damn glad my A hole father inlaw was able to be shamed into giving me one of the many he had when he showed off the one he gave to his other son in law. Of course in my case I had to trade him a carbine for it. But at the time the Koreans were dumping a few zillon of them on the market and it only cost me $250 to get him a decent carbine. He then took a rasp to it and ruined the stock. After he died the ONLY thing I had my wife ask for from his estate was that carbine so I could pass it on to my son. It has now been beautifully restored to look as it should.

Carbinerightside.jpg

I think the prices on quality examples of firearms will always go up.
After all as has been pointed out , often they aren't making 'em any more.
And replicas , if made , sometimes fall short of the real thing.

But before you buy , do your homework.
Research just what a M1 , or 03 etc ... Is supposed to look like , what marks and proofs should be there , learn to tell normal wear and tear vs. abuse etc ...
Also it is good to familiarize yourself with restoration techniques.

My friend Dave and I have restored many a muzzleloader and always like it when someone says :
"Wow , that's in great shape for its age."
We also are always honest in telling folks what we did to said gun.
The same cannot be said of some dealers however ...

Back to the OP , I think that if the movie is popular it might boost prices or demand of WWII guns.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads