JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get your steaks before prices rise.
Truthfully, I'm more worried about pork. They want too much money for "Steak" anymore. All we eat in the way of beef is hamburger and occasionally chuck roast or braised beef shanks. Even chuck roast is up over $6.00 a pound! I get all the protein I need from pork and chicken.

Truthfully, I'm more worried about pork. They want too much money for "Steak" anymore. All we eat in the way of beef is hamburger and occasionally chuck roast or braised beef shanks. Even chuck roast is up over $6.00 a pound! I get all the protein I need from pork and chicken.
same here, i eat ALOT of chicken and some pork, rarely beef..

they need to treat these hackers as terrorists and either send in some hammers, or a drone.
If they are from Russia, i am sure some greasing can be done to have them take care of the problem.. unless its all state sponsered

same here, i eat ALOT of chicken and some pork, rarely beef..

they need to treat these hackers as terrorists and either send in some hammers, or a drone.
If they are from Russia, i am sure some greasing can be done to have them take care of the problem.. unless its all state sponsered
Yeah, under the current administration they'll nail 'em like they have the rioters that have be destroying cities/public buildings/businesses in the cities that have most of the current administrations base running them. o_O

Here's CSO Online's article on it.

TLDR: It's a severe vulnerability that can allow the attacker full control of servers and other devices inside companies' firewalls. There are ways to protect your network but a lot of companies are vulnerable, probably a huge number of them. This is going to be a big deal.

Are we believing what chicken noodle news says now? I musta' missed that memo.

TLDR: It's a severe vulnerability that can allow the attacker full control of servers and other devices inside companies' firewalls. There are ways to protect your network but a lot of companies are vulnerable, probably a huge number of them. This is going to be a big deal.

Uuugghh.

Imagine the security if these large companies kept a hacker or two on staff to constantly monitor and try to break their security.
I know this is a more complex issue than that but my laymans brain thinks about using the criminals brain to protect against the criminal might be the best security in this type of a situation.

Uuugghh.

Imagine the security if these large companies kept a hacker or two on staff to constantly monitor and try to break their security.
I know this is a more complex issue than that but my laymans brain thinks about using the criminals brain to protect against the criminal might be the best security in this type of a situation.
The larger ones have dedicated security teams. Smart ones regularly hire external companies to do penetration testing and other evaluations. You're still going to have stuff like this occasionally come at you out of left field.

There is also active threat detection where you you have software monitoring network activity, usually at the firewall. Newer apps and hardware are remarkably sophisticated. They look for patterns that indicate someone is up to something like trying to hack in or transferring lots of data to a suspicious location. Or lots of other things. These apps can notify you of a threat and even take action automatically while you decide what to do about it. They include tools to help investigate the issue.

Some of these companies will be fine. It will be interesting to see how many get hit hard. It could be quite a few, might not.

When I read this from another news source when it hit the WWWeb - I was like, "Holy moly!"

This should concern many people know matter how much they think that their computers are protected!

Take care.

Cate

Uuugghh.

There is one if not more former criminal hackers (All ages!) that have written books, worked for famous companies and/or our own government as a DEAL after they served their TIME.

Some of them have started their own security companies.

Many of them have been on TALK radio shows, in newspapers, magazines, talk shows, R and L news, boob tube, etc.

They even have their lectures on YT and other links online.

Cate

The larger ones have dedicated security teams. Smart ones regularly hire external companies to do penetration testing and other evaluations. You're still going to have stuff like this occasionally come at you out of left field.

There is also active threat detection where you you have software monitoring network activity, usually at the firewall. Newer apps and hardware are remarkably sophisticated. They look for patterns that indicate someone is up to something like trying to hack in or transferring lots of data to a suspicious location. Or lots of other things. These apps can notify you of a threat and even take action automatically while you decide what to do about it. They include tools to help investigate the issue.

Some of these companies will be fine. It will be interesting to see how many get hit hard. It could be quite a few, might not.
This too!

They have or hire people who only attempt to HACK things online for their own specific company and that is their job for many BIG companies.

They want to see how vulnerable their own specific company is.

I have heard this discussed online and on radio shows.

Thanks again. Take care!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews