JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who uses this powder and what are your results with metering (feel free to share your overall results also) Using it for 300 BLK + 110 grain pills.

What other powder might be a better meter option?

Using RCBS Pro 2000. I get better metering when using my single stage solo metering station, it's RCBS also...

I've found that this powder is very sensitive to humid and hot conditions. It metered perfectly when I bought my new Lyman 55 last winter, but performed miserably on a hot and humid day later this year; it was distinct enough for me to notice and give up loading .44 mags that day.

Who uses this powder and what are your results with metering (feel free to share your overall results also) Using it for 300 BLK + 110 grain pills.

Using RCBS Pro 2000. I get better metering when using my single stage solo metering station, it's RCBS also...
I only recently spoke with a fellow at a local range who was shooting blackout, and was surprised to hear that magnum pistol powder was commonly used in this round. He was older, and an experienced reloader, and said his pet round was with IMR 4227. I've used IMR 4227, and while it's loads are very close to H110/W296, it is a lower mass powder: 24gr of H110 is a full load (with a 240gr bullet) 24gr of 4227 is very much a compacted load, yet has similar velocity (in a 44MAG). I don't recall any metering issues with it, but haven't used it much.

i use a uniflow with all my powder. h110 meters awesome for me. usually throwin 18-20gr depending on recipe.

i use a uniflow with all my powder. h110 meters awesome for me. usually throwin 18-20gr depending on recipe.[/QUOTES]

My Uniflow is much more accurate with this powder than the one on the Pro 2000. It might be due to more room for static buildup but I hadn't noticed it with any other powders. With the Uniflow I can "bang" the handle at end of stroke....

H110 is by far the best measuring powder I've ever used. The pours were accurate to 1/10 gr in my Hornady LockNLoad progressive. And I was pouring 37 +/- 0.5 grs. This was back in April though. Haven't relaoded with it since. About to try another batch shortly. Just looking at the powder structure though, it looks like it could clump and misbehave with some moisture.
But for me, compared to 2400, Unique, Blue Dot, Be86, ..., it was by far the most consistent in measuring I've ever used.

I just bought 1 lb to try it.. I have 8 lbs of 1680 that i haven't opened and I hope it's not the same consistency as H110.....

I will say that I changed to the larger charger feed wheel and its better but still sticky or just so small flaked that its hard to clear on my progressive. Needs an extra "tap" at end of cycle.

I have started loading blackout, h110 works well with my dillion. I load on the light side. Hornado 150gr. FMJBT @ 13.7 H110 with factor brass and modified .223 brass. Shoot paper only, have had good result @ 50 and 100 yards

Personally I've always found H110 to be a miserable powder to work with, it was kinda the "only" powder that really had the characteristics to perform in the .30 carbine.

I havn't loaded .30 carbine in a long time, but the last powder I used was 2400, which performed well, but didn't really give me the velocities I was expecting. (low). That might be one option, however I would firmly recommend IMR4227 as a better powder for your use. Another that I'm not sure load data is available for is IMR4198, it's a solid performer in the 7.62x39 but tends to be too fast for .223.

4227 meters very well, with it's short round grains, IMR4198 has rather long thin grains, as such you tend to get a lot of cutting in most powder measures, other than being "crunchy" I've never actually had this be an issue, and whether hand weighed, or cut in the powder measure didn't have any appreciable impact on velocity or accuracy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top