JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
found some h110 on sale the other day so I picked it up. I haven't used it before but had seen it mentioned as being a good power for full strength loads. The velocities look pretty good Around 1700 out of 10inch barrel with xtp projectiles. thought that would be pretty good for when I get my lever action. Anyhow just curious if you guys have any experience with it in 357 magnum.

found some h110 on sale the other day so I picked it up. I haven't used it before but had seen it mentioned as being a good power for full strength loads. The velocities look pretty good Around 1700 out of 10inch barrel with xtp projectiles. thought that would be pretty good for when I get my lever action. Anyhow just curious if you guys have any experience with it in 357 magnum.
When it gets up near max charge you'll know it's a magnum. It seems to like the upper end of the scale. I like it in carbines.

When it gets up near max charge you'll know it's a magnum. It seems to like the upper end of the scale. I like it in carbines.

That's what I was hoping for.ive been using universal and it makes a really good plinking load but I wanted something that would pack a little more punch. Think I'm going to take some pumpkins out tomorrow and see what they do.

W-W 231 for the lightest and W-W 296 for the Top end has given me good service for many years. Bullseye isn't bad for the light loads but doesn't always meter as well as 231. I've tried H-110 but went back to 296 because it plays well with others.:D:D:D

H110 is good stuff, my favorite for .44, and it is excellent for longer barreled .357 loads. For a 4" I use 2400.

It does not like to be downloaded however, your loads should be as close to max as possible, start 5% under instead of the usual 10%.

It is indeed the exact same powder as w296

Try it with heavy bullets (180 or higher) in your carbine, you will get excellent results.

Excellent powder for 357 and 44 full power loads. I have used H110 for many years
in 357 loads. Cleaner than 2400. Meters real nice. I like 125 grain JHP with 18.5 grains H110.
Remington Golden Sabers are very accurate. 357/44 pistol loads use large amounts
of slow burning powder for magnum jacketed bullet loads and small amount of fast burning
powders for light 158 SWC lead target loads.o_O The 357/38 is the first caliber I started
reloading back in 1978!:eek: Wow I feel old.

I've used H110 (and WW296) in 357 Mag, 357 Max, 41 Mag and 500 S&W Magnum handguns and one 41 Mag carbine.

It is a great powder for "magnum" loads. Pay attention to the loading manuals and DO NOT LOAD IT DOWN! The spread of acceptable loads is small. Don't go lower than the lowest recommended load.

I believe you could witness "high pressure excursion" if you don't load it hot enough.

That said, have fun! It's a great powder for getting velocity out of a cartridge.

H110, Lil'gun, and 2400 will all get you magnum velocities out of a .357. I generally avoid H110 as it's small grain size tends to jam powder measures, It was always the biggest pain when I loaded a lot of .30 carbine. At this point, I prefer Lil'Gun over H110 just for ease of metering. Lil'gun also seems to be more "elastic".

It will totally get you to where you want to go though.

Just tried my loads out today. Worked out pretty good. Nice full strength loads. The fireball even during the day was prettt cool. I'm going to try and pop a few off one night and check it out.

Just tried my loads out today. Worked out pretty good. Nice full strength loads. The fireball even during the day was prettt cool. I'm going to try and pop a few off one night and check it out.
Video or it never happened!

I use a dillon powder thrower and never had any issues metering H110? 357
full power loads barks quite a fireball. I was shooting my 357 at an indoor range
onetime. Started with 38 target loads. When I touched of the first magnum round
the gal in the lane next to me screamed! :( She looked over and said OMG I
thought your gun blew up!:eek: When I finished the cylinder she said what is that?:rolleyes:
I sure would not want to be on the receiving end.:D

I sure would not want to be on the receiving end.:D
"Plasma"

200_s.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show