JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody, I recently picked up an H&R 22 Special from 1929ish as a project gun. This is my first foray into restoring an old firearm, so this question is probably very basic and obvious to others. Some of the parts in the trigger mechanism are pretty worn out and it the cylinder doesn't reliably advance. I have read on forums like rimfirecentral that trigger parts for other H&R revolvers from this period are compatible across multiple calibers. Is this accurate? I know this model is the precursor to the 999, I haven't been able to confirm whether or not model 999 parts are compatible. The parts I believe that need to be replaced are the cylinder stop, lever and spring assembly, and possibly the trigger spring. Numrich has these in stock so I may just order them and give it a go.

I found some parts on ebay, for iver johnson. Some of those guys are retired gunsmith cleaning out inventory. ive had a couple go the extra mile to help me out when tring to repair the old hand fitted toys. might give it a shot

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top