JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes , and I also see this vile lefty subplot of actively encouraging people to sue gun manufacturers, retail stores, and sites like this. Maybe the next step will be using my tax dollars to fund welfare lawyers in pursuit of these civil actions. Public defender for the low income plaintiff, anyone?
Keep in mind that if they go after us then they also have to go after Pink Pistols and The Liberal Gun Club. Ooops...Bwa-hahahahaha!

They are acting out of fear. Fear leads to hatred, hatred leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... Thus is the path to the dark side.

Keep the lightsabers handy

Combine this type of legislation with some Texas style abortion lawsuit laws and gun grabbers will sue firearm sales into oblivion.

They are acting out of fear. Fear leads to hatred, hatred leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... Thus is the path to the dark side.

Keep the lightsabers handy

And while you're at it, remember:

IMG_3375.PNG

It's whatever the f' they say it is. Seriously, haven't you been paying attention, they do not live in reality.
I am in agreement here.

Vague? Freakin' A right it's vague -- too specific, it would never pass. Do some of you not realize that much of the new legislation is left purposely vague -- and subject to interpretation by the minions of whatever regulatory agencies our ruling parties appoint?

Somehow, I keep seeing far too many gun-owners/shooters on the forums who seem to believe that the Republicans in Congress are gonna step up and contest this crap.

Sorry, but no. We are dead in the water in uncharted waters now, brothers, and there's no savior in sight. The GOP will let us sail off the edge of the earth if enough of them believe their acquiescence will get them reelected. Most of them have no dog in the fight, very few are actual gun owners or give a bubblegum about anyone but the PACs and special interest groups that give them money.

Believing that this stupidity cannot become law is the same sort of hubris that got us I-594, I-1639, SB-5078 and here we are.

Saying "it can't happen here" is the first step in opening the door, especially since it already HAS, repeatedly.

EVERY damn time the Grabberfascists have come at us for "just a little more," they always take and never give anything back with the exception of FOPA. We need to counter there every demand with "What will you give us in return? Nationwide carry? Suppressor and SBR deregulation? Oh, what's that you say, nothing? Then go pack fudge and die of a ruptured bowel."

For those that didn't click:
(5) ONLINE FIREARMS MARKETPLACE.—The term 'online firearms marketplace' means an interactive computer service that—

"(A) facilitates transactions related to firearms, firearms accessories, firearms equipment, and other firearms-related materials;

"(B) advertises or makes available any posting or listing of any statement by a transferor or by a transferee that could be reasonably inferred to propose the transfer of a firearm; or

"(C) makes digital instructions in the form of Computer Aided Design files or other code that can automatically program a 3-dimensional printer or similar device to produce a firearm or complete a firearm from an unfinished frame or receiver,

regardless of whether such transactions or other activities violate the terms of service of the interactive computer service.

The way I read it, this would impact every gun forum that has a classifieds section, every gun shop with an online store, and any online CAD repository that allows the posting of firearm-related content. DefCad seems to be particularly in their sights based on how they phrased (C). Note that it doesn't draw the line with firearms - it includes "accessories, equipment, and other materials".

I don't know about the "can't happen" argument but it seems to me this is kind of similar to the legislation that shut down craigslist and other sites personal ads. That law/laws? was geared towards stopping sex trafficking I think so completely different topic, but the same type of approach (shutting down person to person ads relating to a specific subject matter). I am not saying gun control would get the same type of support shutting down sex trafficking would, only that it seems to me they may be using the same approach. I would hope there would be enough legislators with common sense to shut this BS tactic down, but really I don't follow politics so I don't know and sounds like a lot of you guys are much more well versed on political stuff than I am.

I think it is often helpful to find what an attack is based on (such as a past example that worked) in order to defeat the attack. For example a savvy politician could point out that they are using the same methods as used in sex trafficking which is kind of an attempt to elevate gun sales to that level (If they are using the same tactic I mean, I haven't studied it enough to say they are it just seems that way to me). A statement saying "they are trying to compare gun sales for personal defense to sex trafficking!" would be a statement that would gather a lot of attention I think but I'm just thinking out loud here.

Last Edited:
Sounds like they're going after their limited knowledge of sales of firearms on the internet. The tactic follows brandon's pledge to hold manufacturers, and by proxy, sellers, responsible for their products working as intended.

On a related note, I find it hilarious that this is an ammendment to the "Communications Decency Act". So, it's ok for sites like 4chan to let people post graphic, racist, violent, degenerate content, but god forbid someone posts their gun for sale online. Sounds like they should reassess their definition of "decency"... or better yet, repeal the whole damn thing. In my opinion the federal government should not be able to penalize people for exercising their 1st amendment rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top