JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As if the government didn't have enough to do, Rep. Honda, Michael M. [D-CA-17] introduced this little gem. The goal is to ban body armor.

Why? I don't know, but I'm sure there is some logic that Body Armor must be bad in the hands of civilians. Considering I know of only one documented case of a criminal using body armor while carrying out a crime, why the hell is someone wasting tax payer money on this crap?

Bill Details:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5344/text

It was just submitted, so who knows how far it will go. But it is just stupid.

Now, besides quick quips. How do people feel about the whole Body Armor question?

I've always put in a list of items which I lable "Nice to have in my Tin Foil Hat dooms day dreams." The whole ideas someone might ban ownership, is silly. But in a practical sense who would actually use it normally?

When I used to go more open gun ranges or just wilderness areas, I used to ponder a vest for protection against idiots who might do a ND in my direction. Recently that has changed, so I don't worry about it as much.

What are people's thoughts on body armor?

I see it as a nice to have if ever needed/SHTF item, not a must have. It's not something I actively seek out or feel I need to have to be fully prepared. A well placed shot deems it useless anyway. If I had a years worth of other supplies at the ready, no guns on my 'want list' (ya right), and ammo to feed them all then I would consider putting some on my shopping list. Maybe someday....

Because it's just another "look at me, I'm a good person and I care about public safety" stunt that's geared towards low-information voters' emotions, rather than actual facts on history or common sense... and in typical "liberal-progressive" fashion nothing of substance will occur, except to make law-abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen.

My thoughts on armor? If you can afford it, and don't use it to help facilitate committing a crime, knock yourself out. I'm prowling around for a decent personal system, just to have.

It seems that if congress sees fit to ban body armor, we should also ban it for police, after all the police are civilians, I think we should also consider banning it's use by the military, as they too answer to civil authorities.

Buy now. These MF'ers will get this crap passed. Ill fight it tooth and nail.. But we have weak leadership..

Hopefully people see through this.

We should tie body armor to the right to self preservation. A natural right.

Last Edited:
IF SHTF comes the laws won't mean a hill of beans. People forget that.
But fight the idiots law anyway on general principal.

Only one reason to ban ownership by civilians, to put us at a disadvantage. Who would want us to be at a disadvantage, those who want to pass the law. What are they afraid of? Something stinks here, too many things going South these days.

I have a Safariland III-A vest; it is great in the winter and pretty miserable in summer. Those are my initial thoughts about the stuff. :)

This guy might be grandstanding on the North Hollywood incident (?) Anyway his proposed law covers level III and above, so a III-A would be still OK to have, if adopted as written. That would protect from slower .44 Magnum and high speed 9mm and "lower power" rounds like .45 ACP, which I should think would be pretty good for "street use" anyway.

The III and IV vests are jus miserable, unless there's been some huge improvements in weight and heat reduction in the really expensive, top-of-the-line gear, and by that I mean $800 and up price tiers.

I'm not seeing how this will work. I'll simply by a newly renamed AR500 steel target. Silhouette shape, curved for easier hanging and less ricochet.

Or the rhino lined version for even less ricochets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top