JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Time for some more letter writing...let's hope this doesn't go anywhere. They are definitely taking the incremental approach. Make them more expensive....vilify them in the media and schools...even the most rabid anti knows that a total prohibition won't fly...they want to drive them underground, marginalize the industry and make it go away quietly.

Notice how they slid this little gem in:

Exemption For United States.—Subsection (b) of section 4182 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended to read as follows:

"(b) Sales To United States.—No firearms, pistols, revolvers, lower frame or receiver for a firearm, shells, and cartridges purchased with funds appropriated for any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States shall be subject to any tax imposed on the sale or transfer of such articles.".

Do as I say, not as I do

Waiting to see the plan that reduces gun violence. All I See is extortion.

Also absent is what happens when government fails to do it's job again. we'll continue to sue ourselves and impose more restrictions?

orig_second-amendment-and-pro-gun-memes-2-so-true-don-t-you-think-2016-10-11-17-14.jpg

That question just cost you $9.00 US...
Is the above a HB for Oregon?

Nope, federal. Brought forward by an IL Democrat and supported by our own Earl Blumenauer.

I don't think it has a chance to even make it to a vote right now. But the next time we have a full D congress and a D president, you can damn well be sure this will be back, and may just pass at that time.

All they're doing is giving us a preview of what's to come.

Nope, federal. Brought forward by an IL Democrat and supported by our own Earl Blumenauer.

I don't think it has a chance to even make it to a vote right now. But the next time we have a full D congress and a D president, you can damn well be sure this will be back, and may just pass at that time.

All they're doing is giving us a preview of what's to come.
I wonder if it's just pandering to their base? I ask because in 2008 when D's had both houses they could have ram-rodded gun bills down our throat. I suspect they know that we are a Center-Right populace and they did nothing our of fear of loosing their seats. Then again, maybe I'm just an optimist.

SO rifle caliber pistols so a AMT automag III (.30 Carbine) would become a NFA firearm? And what about all the AR-15 handguns would they have to be now registered on the NFA data base and a Tax paid? That could be very interesting to see how that comes out.

SO rifle caliber pistols so a AMT automag III (.30 Carbine) would become a NFA firearm?
No, just pistols based on ARs, AKs, G3, FAL, etc.
"(9) a semiautomatic pistol chambered for cartridges commonly considered rifle rounds, configured with receivers commonly associated with rifles and capable of accepting detachable magazines.".

And what about all the AR-15 handguns would they have to be now registered on the NFA data base and a Tax paid? That could be very interesting to see how that comes out.
That is how I read this.

I wonder if it's just pandering to their base? I ask because in 2008 when D's had both houses they could have ram-rodded gun bills down our throat. I suspect they know that we are a Center-Right populace and they did nothing our of fear of loosing their seats. Then again, maybe I'm just an optimist.

Our hopes for blocking stuff like this in the future are likely to include blue states that are also very pro-gun. There are dems in DC that know their seats could be on the line if they go to far on gun control. Some bills they can get by with, but the AWB was too far, and the voters punished them for it. No doubt they still remember that and will be cautious moving forward.

While I'd like to hope this is the same as the Republicans passing all those bills to kill Obamacare when Obama was in office to veto them, then they managed to flake out as soon as a President got into office that would sign it, I know the Dems are likely to actually continue to follow through and turn it into a law. Hard to predict honestly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top