JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$285
Manufacturer
H&R
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Nice H&R single shot heavy barrel chambered in .223. In good condition and comes with a 4-12x40 scope (think it's an unbranded Bushnell that came with it). I got it as partial trade from another member, and as I recall he said he put about 40 rounds through it. I put an additional box (20 rounds) through it during a range visit. It's very accurate and fun to shoot. According to the serial # it is the SB2 receiver, so should accept other barrels in every caliber/gauge that were offered, although I don't know if swapping requires a smith to get it right.

Potential Trades:
Compact-ish bolt action .22lr/wmr like Savage Minimalist II, Ruger American, etc.
Compact 12 gauge pump shotgun (i.e. - Mossberg 500/590).

$285 Cash

IMG_5508.jpeg IMG_5510.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Great question that I don't know the answer to. Maybe someone with more info about these can chime in. My understanding is that they made these in 1:9 and 1:12 over the years. Additionally, most/all units made after about 2007 were 1:9. The serial number on mine indicates that it was made after 2008 and is a SB2 reciever, which can be fitted with any caliber or shotgun gauge they offered.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance. I'll run a tight-ish patch down it next time I pull it out and mark the rod after a full rotation. That should solve the riddle.

Wish you were closer, these are good guns. Just not sexy. Mine's in 444 Marlin & a keeper.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.