JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to make another payment on my Colt Anaconda today. As I was there I noticed an H&K USPc being placed on the wall with the stainless slide. I decided to just look it over for the fun of it since I was already there. I had wanted a USPc for awhile but had never bought one. The stainless slide was the clencher.

The only issue was there was another guy there that was trying to talk the owner down on the price so I decided I was not going to let that happen and said "I'll take it and pay you what you have on it." The guy that had been negotiating did not seem happy about that at all...but hey, as the salesman said, he had allowed the gun to be placed back on the wall and said he was not going to pay the asking price.

I know a lot of people might consider that to have been rude, but I wanted the gun since they do not import that variation any longer. If the guy had wanted it he should have not been playing games. I know when I am contemplating a gun, I do not let it out of my hands while I am at the shop and I did not think $645 was unreasonable for this gun.

I might have been a bit of a jerk but I have my USPc stainless now. :D

All I have of it so far is a cell phone pic. I should be able to pic it up next week.

USPc.jpg

Man I don't fault you one bit. I'm not much of a haggler, but if somebody is haggling then its there dumb fault that somebody will get in on the action. I say Kudos to you for getting it. The better man won today.

I love my H&K USP as well. I like your stainless slide better, so i'm a little jealous.

Mr. Penguin... you are a gentleman for even feeling remotely bad about the transaction! The other party declined the offer and you accepted. He who hesitates is lost! I applaud your aggessive, but totally fair, move! Stictly business!

"I'll take it" is pretty much my mantra at the gunshop. I do not like to haggle the price. if it is fair, I buy it. Half of the reason I buy as many guns as I do is to support a local small business. People ask me to go in on group buys all the time and I decline. If I could not tell myself that I am helping out the local economy and a local business I would pass on most of the guns I buy. :)

Like to hear the range report !

Mr. Penguin... you are a gentleman for even feeling remotely bad about the transaction! The other party declined the offer and you accepted. He who hesitates is lost! I applaud your aggessive, but totally fair, move! Stictly business!

What he said....I find it more disturbing that your cell phone pics look better than my regular ones ....LOL!

Hey PP you really do have a Stainless addiction huh.

<broken link removed> I think you should get next with a stainless steel slide.

No thanks...Hairy thighs, short pants, and sheet metal that has spent all day sitting in the sun do not go well together. I am not a fan of the smell of burning hair. :)

"I'll take it" is pretty much my mantra at the gunshop. I do not like to haggle the price. if it is fair, I buy it. Half of the reason I buy as many guns as I do is to support a local small business. People ask me to go in on group buys all the time and I decline. If I could not tell myself that I am helping out the local economy and a local business I would pass on most of the guns I buy. :)

PP-

No D!<k move on your part. That is how I feel. Once the small gun shops are gone the big box stores is what we are left with and they buckle at each fart congress blows. The other guy trying to haggle on an HK USPc stainless... I mean C'mon how many are left? How many more can your shop get? The other guy needs a class on supply and demand. If this was a common handgun that can come in on any given day, no big deal to haggle but something like this, no exception. Besides back on the wall or on the table tells everybody he wasn't really that interested in it.

SF-

Oh yea... not my particular liking but good find!

Great job, Penguin, Shows you know the value of an item, thus when to strike. And it does impress me that you felt even a twinge of sorrow over the poor sap who handled it, liked it, tried to haggle on it, decided to say "no" (perhaps even a bluff? Typical pawn shop move...) then got miffed when you snaffled it from the wall once it was back there.

I'll wager the gun shop owner, having known and dealt with you over an extended period of time, was delighted to sell it you rather than the other chap who didn't really appreciate it OR him.

I've checked out a few guns at Cabelas in their used or Gun Library racks.... once 've determined to BUY that one, I will often take it into the office and ask them, very politely, if there is any wriggle room on it. They are happy to check the computer for the gun's history with them, most times they say "well, it does't look like there is any on this one, but we sure don't mind you asking". I saw a Sako 7mm Rem Mag bolt action, ported barrel, seemed in like new condition, online at a Gun Library back east.... called and chatted with them about it, decided to have them ship it out to the Lacey store. Happy to, I went in to check it out once there. It was brand new, not a mark on it, no power residue, appeared to never have been fired since Finland. I toted it back to the GL office, asked the manager there (with whom I've established a bit of a relationship", he checked, and was able to knock off seventy five bucks...... bring the price of that rifle down to about half retail for that one, new.

another time, I was prowling Gunbroker, found a Browning Model 92 Centennial, claimed "new in box, never fired". Pictures looked like it. Buy it Now was only twenty dollars more than open, no bids, it was a half hour old. I clicked the BIN and closed it. The shop is in Donald, Oregon, I happened to be headed that way a week later, they agreed to hold it till I got there. Yes, it WAS brand new in the box with all papers, never fired..... just like when it was first sold new in 1978. Serial number dates it then, as well. I saw it, knew what it was, had the cash, made my move....

like the old saying goes, "all's fair in love and war". This sort of deal could fall into either category...... or both.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top