JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The SL8 is the "civilian" G36, and you can throw a lot of money at one to make it just like the G36 . I just wish HK would offer it in the true G36 form with a 16" barrel (wish the same for the USC).

Got a chance to shoot the G36 over in Afghanistan. It was fun to shoot full auto since our M4's have the three round burst. :( I did not like the multifunction sighting system it had. It had a very narrow field of view with a red dot sight and an equally small 3x optic. It also incorporated a laser aiming system. The sight ends up being so bulky that it really didn't do any one thing well. This was a standard rifle version. I know you can get them decked out with whatever sights you want but this standard version didn't impress me much. The Germans liked our M4's. Guess they liked them so much they copied it in the HK416... :) I did really like shooting the MG-3 (MG-42). :)

Why would someone subject themselves to $75+ proprietary magazines ? The rifle is cool but you are stuck with the stock the grip etc...etc... you would be better off with a top shelf AR . The money you save on magazines you could buy a lot of ammo cool yes cost effective not so much .

Why would someone subject themselves to $75+ proprietary magazines ? The rifle is cool but you are stuck with the stock the grip etc...etc... you would be better off with a top shelf AR . The money you save on magazines you could buy a lot of ammo cool yes cost effective not so much .

AR's are not the solution to everything. that being said, I don't know where you shop but I have found mags for this rifle for much less than the $75+ mag you are referencing. midway sells them for $50. the problem with rifles like this is, the numbers that were imported, there is not a huge demand (probably because everyone thinks the AR is the bees knees) so aftermarket availability is small. also the SL8 is a bastardized version of the G36. as far as I can tell its creation was based on ATF restriction.

If you want to be different get a Sig 400 or 556 at least they use standard AR mags . I have not had a issue with either weapon the only complaint I have about the Sig 556 is there are zero accessories for it .

You could say a lot of those same things about a 928S4 ;)

Sometimes the things you prefer aren't the most practical or cost-effective.

It it true a little knowledge is dangerous I see internet mechanics are on the rise . If you did actually look it up you only remove the front of the engine cover the job is done in about 2 to 3 hours there is no need to take the engine out . We could go on like this forever and I am growing tired due to the lack of stimulation on your part . If we may ask what knowledge of HK SL8 or G36 do you have the 10-22 conversion kit from cheaper than dirt does not qualify .:s0155:

It it true a little knowledge is dangerous I see internet mechanics are on the rise . If you did actually look it up you only remove the front of the engine cover the job is done in about 2 to 3 hours there is no need to take the engine out . We could go on like this forever and I am growing tired due to the lack of stimulation on your part . If we may ask what knowledge of HK SL8 or G36 do you have the 10-22 conversion kit from cheaper than dirt does not qualify .:s0155:

Front of the engine cover? OK, it is a mid-engined car - teach me how to do that. From the front seat? Talk about lack of stimulation. I'll leave you to calling established members ignorant and complaining about expensive magazines.

The Porsche 928 S4 is a front mounted V8 I have no idea where mid engine came into play . I would have to agree with the rest of your statement you said it I did not .:cool:
Dude - I am talking about my car. Read the post where I said I was chosen by some cars, as well, and that I can relate. Apologies for engaging you, and apologies for the other members for the thread hijack. I'll excuse myself now :s0155:

I love my SL8! Bought mine because I was sick of AR's. Everyone has an AR, not everyone has an SL8!!

And I could care less about mag cost, which reminds me about a certain Valmet I have...you want to talk about expaensive mags lol....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top