JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't find one, so what the heck. Will start off with a run of the mill 91-A2, pre-ban of course. Back in the late 70s and early 80s, these were a curiosity and prices were relatively affordable. My first one was $300-something and the second, which I still have, was $444 in the mid 80s. I added the "light bipod" (nothing light about it), a carry handle, an ejection port buffer, an A.R.M.S. mount and a cheap Tasco Accu-Dot.

Let's see what else is out there.

IMG_2737.JPG IMG_2738.JPG IMG_2739.JPG

I was issued a MP-10 which was a slightly larger MP-5 but chambered in 10mm auto, and we also had G-3's ( Or the FALs) for over seas deployments when we needed to blend in! That started my affinity for the HKs! As a civilian, there is the CETME as a basis for the G-3 builds and PTR's so a fella can have all that goodness in a affordable package. Finally, there is the HK-33/51/53s based builds which make for very nice handling carbines in 5.56:D

Would be nice to see more availability for the 5.56 rifles though, would love to build a replica of the carbine I had for a few weeks! That sucker was slick and fast!

I was quite relieved when those mags became available and affordable. I bought a bunch from Cheaper Than Dirt because they almost were cheaper than dirt.

Seems like 91s are carrying the day. Their sporting rifles were never all that popular, as good as they are. Gotta be some 93s ready to come out of the closet...er... I mean the safe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top