JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, I'm a newbie to this forum so ...Greetings and Salutations. I'm thinking about a classic H&K, I know the VP70 has a trigger from h#%@ but it's still kinda cool. I really love the P9s and wonder what experiences you've had. Thanks in advance, Brian

Welcome! I can't answer your question, but I am moving it to a section where you'll get more replies.

Enjoy the site ;)

Get both! The VP70 is Buck Rodgers cool but that trigger is stiff like a staple gun. It is easy to get it under control in a few mags. It is almost over simplified in it's design and operation. The P9S is a super example of design and machine work. The DA trigger on mine is smooth but still heavy. In SA, it is like a tuned race gun! I love how the P9S can be cocked for SA shooting using the lever. Both of mine are uber reliable.

To reiterate, "Get both"...

The VP70Z is an excellent example of advanced technology and some brilliant design... combined with a few very bad ideas. The guns trigger isn't as offensive when in VP70M format... which was it's original intent. Had HK spent more time tuning the gun with a smoother trigger pull (I tried numerous home made ideas for the time I had one)... one has to wonder where it would have ended up today.
The P9 is a brilliant design with no flaws that come to mind. I had a P9S .45T with adjustable trigger and Nill Griffe ortho grips... and it was the most accurate .45 ACP handgun I've ever owned, and that includes numerous target grade 1911s.

Sadly, both guns are long gone. Try not to have a very nice H&K handgun collection and then get cancer... 'cause the best guns are the first to go.

Cheers,
C

I've really grown on my P9S once I had some work done on it. I bought a police surplus and it came with a bent front sight and worn barrel. I installed a new Navy barrel and replaced the front sight and now it is an accurate shooter with a great SA trigger.