Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

H&K MP5 SD .22LR

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by JOHNNY-WALKER, May 24, 2013.

1. JOHNNY-WALKER

JOHNNY-WALKER Portland, OR Active Member

Looking for H&K MP5 SD .22LR FTF in Portland

2. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

Funny Story...
    I was looking for an IWB holster for my new XDS I just picked up yesterday and decided to stop at Discount Gun in Vancouver as it was on the way home. As I was walking out, a guy was walking in and asked if they bought guns, to which they replied no. So I waited for him to come out and asked him what he had. He said he had a GSG 522 SD. I said what is that as I was not familiar. he told me an MP5 clone that shoots 22lr. I asked how much and he said $300. I said let me see.... he showed me and I said sold. I did a quick google search to make sure his price was fair which I decided it was since his was in less than 500 rounds condition. I had already been looking at the M&P15-22 for a second 22 rifle as the 5.56 ammo is just too much to go and blast away with every weekend.

Took that puppy out shooting today and I have to say it was a blast to shoot. Not quite as accurate as my ruger 10-22, but I think that is more the sights being kind of hokey more than anything. I was still able to hit my 3"metal target from about 25 yards so I was happy. I am going to need to look at the bolt release as it seemed to not want to return to battery once I inserted the mag as it should. May just need to be cleaned.

All that said, I was very surprised at the fun factor this provided and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one at the right price. Good luck on your search.:thumbup:

(hope I just didn't hijack that this thread....)

3. wherestheammo

wherestheammo Portland New Member

the big5 in milwaukie had a few and also a colt and mossberg 22