JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of mine is looking to purchase one, and I'm curious if anybody has any leads on who may have them at a decent price. Although, it seems like they're just here and there from, appearing sporadically from private owners.

Also, when did the Navy coating change to the nitro-carburized hazardous environment finish? Any specific serial numbers to avoid, look for?

Surely more questions will follow, but I'm confident in my knowledge of these handguns already. I'd stilllike to hear what all of you have to say.

I have had one since 2005. I believe the HE finish came in around 2001 or so, but I might be wrong. There used to be a site called Mark23.com that had all that info, but it has since been crashed somehow. If you keep your eyes out on Gunbroker.com there are usually a half dozen Mark 23s for sale on there. Keith's had a used one for sale at the gunshow a few months back for around 1400. That's probably the best price you're going to see for that gun. I don't believe there are any serial numbers to avoid per se. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with one of these guns. I've never had a problem with mine either. I would say if you want to shoot it DA for the first shot, try and find a gun without the stupid mainspring lock and key system in it. That seems to bump it up to about a 15 pound DA pull.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top