JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
old school full pound

Trade for 9mm brass
D32A59D2-8BBD-4B1F-94C3-B783BE8CB7BE.jpeg

Good luck. Chances are it's still good, if it was stored properly. Can looks immaculate though. The can has got to be worth something. It's actually a cool piece of history. It is collectible, I'm sure..

That can is from the '60s to '70s.

Here's what they looked like in the '50s

s-l300.jpg

I use old powder like that all the time.

I just finished up a batch of 231 that was opened in 1963. I picked up the 2/3rds full commercial 50 pound can back in 1977. I've used it for my .45ACP bullseye softball load since then. It shoots the same today as back when I first worked up the load. Storage is the key.

If it smells good (not acrid) and is not showing red dusting and if it freely flows (not clumpy) it will be fine.

Last Edited:
I use very old H4831 a lot. It works great with no issues that I've ever run into. If that powder was stored right, it'll go bang every time. Fantastic powder. Mine is old WWII era powder that I bought for $5/lbs.

20190122_122840.jpg

I'd like to add I bought mine for a steal of a price. The guy who sold it to me didn't know what he had. Each pound is worth far more than just $5/ea.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top