JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or at least tell me I'll like it.

ODI Viking Seecamp double action 1911

I saw 1911 and Seecamp in the same gun and figured it had to be good. I've always had respect for Seecamp, and the 1911 and figured it had to be good, right? I bid $600 before I even looked into ODI. Now I am seeing some bad reviews and wondering if I screwed the pooch on this one, wouldn't be the first (or sadly the last) time. Anyone have one of these that they can make me feel better about my bid?

ODI VIKING SEECAMP DOUBLE ACTION 1911,NO RESERVE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Philly, I have mixed emotions about that very pistol. I had a really shiny brand new one in nickel or stainless in the 80's and traded it away because of chronic stovepipes. (The guy who got it knew about the issues and was willing to work with it.) But with that said, I wish I still had it... sorta.

I keep second-guessing myself because I never took the time to try different combinations of springs, ejectors, etc. If I had, and got it right, it would be unlike anything owned by anyone I know.

For me to get another, I'd have to put it through its paces first and be satisfied with the performance. So I would not go the auction route.

Good luck, and let us know!

Well, it has 16 bids on it, current bid is $505 and there are still eight days of the auction left.
Chances are someone will out bid you and let you off the hook if you decide you don't want it.

I wonder what John Moses would have thought about that conversion.

The seller has an original Seecamp for sale for only $200.00 more.

odd. - I have an ODI viking slide (commander size) that I picked up years ago that runs fine after I hogged out the ejection port on the mill. The one you had bid on doesn't have the roll stamp on the slide that mine does - then again mine wasn't converted for DA.

Actually the CDE and the ODI are similar in a lot of ways. Horrible long trigger pull, not many made, working on them can be a nightmare and unless it's an original Seecamp, you can't trust your life with one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top