Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

guy commits suicide by running in front of a semi on I 5 this morning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kable, May 24, 2013.

1. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

My wife saw this guy by his car looking at the traffic moments before he ran in front of the semi on her way to work. I was unfortunate enough to see his body covered by a sheet on my way to work. If my wife left about a minute or 2 later she may have actually witnessed it.she is pretty shaken up over it she keeps thinking it could have been her that he ran in front of but I told her he was probably looking for a semi.

Collision between semi, pedestrian closes I-5 south | KING5.com Seattle

Man struck, killed by semi after getting out of car on I-5 | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | News

Man killed by semi on I-5 in Mountlake Terrace | The Today File | Seattle Times

2. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

He picked a pretty reliable way to do it. Crappy of him to make others witness the mess.

3. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Yeah if your going to off yourself don't do it in a way that ruins so many people's day. And don't screw up sometimes life by essentially causing them to kill you. I feel for the semi driver

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a friend on another forum who is a railroad engineer. He has had two people kill themselves by being on the tracks. He told me that 38% of engineers with a 20 year Career will kill someone. He said its really a huge issue in the industry.

5. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

If life is bad for them, then do it quietly. But first try 10 things. Meaning, take a chance at a hard job, or a hot chick, or try and loose 50 pounds, or sky dive. And maybe, just maybe, life will turn around.

6. JedB

JedB PDX Active Member

Hope the semi-driver gets some counseling and assistance.

7. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The first hundred years are the hardest. After that, it's easy.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I have no problem with someone deciding to off themselves when the decision is made rationally. Many will be better off doing it in the future than facing what is coming.

Directly involving someone else though was just poor taste.

1 person likes this.
  9. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Burt. You got my interest. Whats coming?
    Cause I'm a spiritual type, so I know what's coming. But I'm thinking you mean different.

Chee-to and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I was 'spiritual' for 20+ years, but that topic is verbotten so we won't go there. If that is what 'you know' you are more than free to believe as you choose.

What is coming? The death of the dollar and global economic collapse with the people of the US suffering the brunt of it, that is all. Any rational person who puts in the time to do the research will come to the same conclusion.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...omy-is-going-to-become-an-economic-black-hole