JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday I heard a guy at rw loan and pawn wanting to get a firearm off here and use them for the transfer. I think they are trying to make money off you. I dont think they have to buy the gun then sell you the gun, to do a sale and transfer. I think the whole thing about needing to pay tax is not true. I think they are trying to make money off you/ I would talk to this guy McDermott Gun Repair: Tim mcdermott: 360-693-2382. I have heard of people using him for transfers

WA State is being an a$$hat about this.
If you buy it and it's transferred in WA the tax is due.
Any FFL not collecting the tax would be liable the tax amount himself.
This was covered here...WA Sales Tax
But thanks for the info.

Yesterday I heard a guy at rw loan and pawn wanting to get a firearm off here and use them for the transfer. I think they are trying to make money off you. I dont think they have to buy the gun then sell you the gun, to do a sale and transfer. I think the whole thing about needing to pay tax is not true. I think they are trying to make money off you

Actually a WA resident owes "use tax" on almost anything bought out of state and brought back to WA. That also is not new, been around for MANY years. Go read the DOR (Department Of Revenue) website for true info.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member

WA State is being an a$$hat about this.
If you buy it and it's transferred in WA the tax is due.
Any FFL not collecting the tax would be liable the tax amount himself.
This was covered here...WA Sales Tax
But thanks for the info.

Nothing a$$hat about it, it's the law and has been for many years now. People might not like it (I don't and I worked for WA state for 30 years), but it is the law. Don't like it? Work to get it changed.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Once they get away with this, internet sales are next. WA State has a real knack for killing successful business models.. they proverbially killed the goose that laid the golden egg recently when they slapped a massive new tax on the only mint operation in WA State.. that mint has now moved to Nevada

Not only did WA State not get their xtra million bucks of tax, they lost what they were already getting from that mint. Stoopid does not even come close to describing this fiasco

I have personal knowledge of this because my buddy lost his job there and as a result had to relocate out of state

I undertsand the paying the tax thats the law. But when the guy at the shop said they need to buy the gun and then resell it just seemed like an odd way of doing a transfer. So buy the time the shop was done wouldnt they of had to do two transfers and pay tax twice

you are speculating on what the shop "may" do. Maybe they are just doing it that way and only charge one transfer fee.

I would check the facts first before you start accusing a business of ripping people off.

Once they get away with this, internet sales are next. WA State has a real knack for killing successful business models.. they proverbially killed the goose that laid the golden egg recently when they slapped a massive new tax on the only mint operation in WA State.. that mint has now moved to Nevada

Not only did WA State not get their xtra million bucks of tax, they lost what they were already getting from that mint. Stoopid does not even come close to describing this fiasco

I have personal knowledge of this because my buddy lost his job there and as a result had to relocate out of state

Uhh... Internet sales are already covered!! If the sale is to a WA resident and the selling company has a "nexus" in WA they are required to collect the sales/use tax on the item. If you order something over the Internet or buy it out of state in person and bring it into WA you are required to pay use tax on the item. It's an old law, just not everyone knows it. Back when I was administering construction contracts for the state of WA (and I haven't done that for over 25 years now), a contractor would buy equipment, use it out of state for a set time, then bring it in. Doing that they avoided paying sales/use tax on the equipment.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I undertsand the paying the tax thats the law. But when the guy at the shop said they need to buy the gun and then resell it just seemed like an odd way of doing a transfer. So buy the time the shop was done wouldnt they of had to do two transfers and pay tax twice

Anything bought by a WA business for resale in the general course of business is purchased tax free. When they resell it a resident they collect the sales tax from the buyer. The sales/use tax collected is to be kept "in trust" for the State.

Yes, I do have a WA business license and have had for over 20 years now.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
South West Washington Arms Collector member

None of us LIKES paying taxes,but if u want the fire truck to show up when called,or a police officer to respond,it's gotta be paid for somehow,and taxes is how.don't forget,oregon has an income tax,we don't,so there are taxes everywhere,of one kind or another.
I sure don't agree about the internet sales tax,enough is enough !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top