JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought one of these at Fishermans a few weeks ago, and it has worked out well for me. I have to enter secured Federal buildings semi frequently, as well as a paranoid Dr. Office, and really think this product fits my need to secure the weapon in my Car for an hour or so. Some one would have to have a Bolt Cutter with them to remove the NanoVault and even then, would probably damage the gun pretty badly when trying to get the Vault itself open at a later time. Also use it for storing Wallet, Phone , etc.... when I leave them in the car, but my intention when buying it was for Gun storage. Bought the smallest version and it works Great for my PM9 or a J-Frame. They offer 2 or 3 sizes of this product.

Just my opinion, and yours may Vary.

I was looking at one of these at Survival Guns in Bellevue, Washington on Friday. I almost bought it; $35 for the largest size, which is about the size of your average hardcover book. I have a metal storage locker in the back of my SUV, but having a safe under the front seat that I can just pull out and open would be pretty handy. And since it has a cable similar to a laptop cable lock, you can use it with a rental car or in a friend's car. I might just have to go back and buy it.

I have not used for travelling, but I believe you cannot have it locked in your luggage, but I may be wrong. It will definitely hold up to your bags being thrown around etc.... And if it's legal to lock it (again, I am not sure on the current policies) it will hold up to them trying toi steal the weapon for sure. Well, anything is possible bvut would be a major deterrent.

Has anyone used one of these for securing a weapon while traveling by air? I have heard they are ok'd by the TSA, but was wondering how they hold up to baggage handlers, etc...

I have not used for travelling, but I believe you cannot have it locked in your luggage, but I may be wrong. It will definitely hold up to your bags being thrown around etc.... And if it's legal to lock it (again, I am not sure on the current policies) it will hold up to them trying toi steal the weapon for sure. Well, anything is possible bvut would be a major deterrent.

I have used these before and flew without issue. I had them locked and then placed within my suitcase (had 2).

I haven't flown with a firearm... But IIRC... You are required to declare the firearm in your checked luggage and it also required to be in a separate locked container within the checked luggage.

I haven't flown with a firearm... But IIRC... You are required to declare the firearm in your checked luggage and it also required to be in a separate locked container within the checked luggage.

Correct...it must be in a locked container either by itself or in your checked bag. More info here:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

And you should probably check with your specific airline to make sure they don't have any *special* rules. I've flown with checked firearms on just about every domestic carrier without problem (rifle and pistol).

Correct...it must be in a locked container either by itself or in your checked bag. More info here:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

And you should probably check with your specific airline to make sure they don't have any *special* rules. I've flown with checked firearms on just about every domestic carrier without problem (rifle and pistol).

Yes. Check the airline's rules. I just have a large hard locked case that works for all airlines. Their rules vary for ammunition too.

Perhaps. What would you suggest to clean it with?

A couple treatments of Simple Green worked. Let it sit in cleaner for a little while, wring, rinse and repeat till it's bearable. It still has a slight smell buts it not bad. I imagine other cleaners would work too. I saw this suggested somewhere and it worked for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top