JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought one of these at Fishermans a few weeks ago, and it has worked out well for me. I have to enter secured Federal buildings semi frequently, as well as a paranoid Dr. Office, and really think this product fits my need to secure the weapon in my Car for an hour or so. Some one would have to have a Bolt Cutter with them to remove the NanoVault and even then, would probably damage the gun pretty badly when trying to get the Vault itself open at a later time. Also use it for storing Wallet, Phone , etc.... when I leave them in the car, but my intention when buying it was for Gun storage. Bought the smallest version and it works Great for my PM9 or a J-Frame. They offer 2 or 3 sizes of this product.

Just my opinion, and yours may Vary.

I was looking at one of these at Survival Guns in Bellevue, Washington on Friday. I almost bought it; $35 for the largest size, which is about the size of your average hardcover book. I have a metal storage locker in the back of my SUV, but having a safe under the front seat that I can just pull out and open would be pretty handy. And since it has a cable similar to a laptop cable lock, you can use it with a rental car or in a friend's car. I might just have to go back and buy it.

I have not used for travelling, but I believe you cannot have it locked in your luggage, but I may be wrong. It will definitely hold up to your bags being thrown around etc.... And if it's legal to lock it (again, I am not sure on the current policies) it will hold up to them trying toi steal the weapon for sure. Well, anything is possible bvut would be a major deterrent.

Has anyone used one of these for securing a weapon while traveling by air? I have heard they are ok'd by the TSA, but was wondering how they hold up to baggage handlers, etc...

I have not used for travelling, but I believe you cannot have it locked in your luggage, but I may be wrong. It will definitely hold up to your bags being thrown around etc.... And if it's legal to lock it (again, I am not sure on the current policies) it will hold up to them trying toi steal the weapon for sure. Well, anything is possible bvut would be a major deterrent.

I have used these before and flew without issue. I had them locked and then placed within my suitcase (had 2).

I haven't flown with a firearm... But IIRC... You are required to declare the firearm in your checked luggage and it also required to be in a separate locked container within the checked luggage.

I haven't flown with a firearm... But IIRC... You are required to declare the firearm in your checked luggage and it also required to be in a separate locked container within the checked luggage.

Correct...it must be in a locked container either by itself or in your checked bag. More info here:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

And you should probably check with your specific airline to make sure they don't have any *special* rules. I've flown with checked firearms on just about every domestic carrier without problem (rifle and pistol).

Correct...it must be in a locked container either by itself or in your checked bag. More info here:

TSA: Traveling with Special Items

And you should probably check with your specific airline to make sure they don't have any *special* rules. I've flown with checked firearms on just about every domestic carrier without problem (rifle and pistol).

Yes. Check the airline's rules. I just have a large hard locked case that works for all airlines. Their rules vary for ammunition too.

Perhaps. What would you suggest to clean it with?

A couple treatments of Simple Green worked. Let it sit in cleaner for a little while, wring, rinse and repeat till it's bearable. It still has a slight smell buts it not bad. I imagine other cleaners would work too. I saw this suggested somewhere and it worked for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top