JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dan Hall, a former Army captain just launched GunUp.com, a new resource for gun enthusiasts.

http://www.gunup.com

The main focus is to build a resource for new and experienced gun owners, helping them to discover guns and pricing info and promoting responsible gun use with articles from a wide network of bloggers.

They are still adding guns so you won't find every single gun there (sorry Sig fans), but there are many thousands so it's a good start.

The GunFinder is a pretty cool way to compare thousands of guns by caliber, features, price etc. You need to register to check that out . From the home page, look for the GunFinder banner with the six 1911's. You need to have Silverlight and a recent version of Windows or Mac OS X.

Here's an article about Dan from last week:

Startup of the Week: GunUp

Wow, just checked this site out. Not sure who did the website but dang that gun finder is impressive. Kudo's to your friend. I'm registered and his site is bookmarked.

-d

Thanks. The website was put together by a small team here in Seattle. I did most of the GunFinder myself, using a Microsoft Silverlight control designed for data exploration (although I'd never seen it used for guns before). It was a lot of fun.

Dang nice job, 8. I tip my hat to you sir and I will look you up the next time I need a website developed!

-d

tried to register but they didn't know what Kimber I had?
WTF?

too much work there.He needs to change that crap.
Why would it not take my gun? If I need more details,he needs to ask for less.

8 - thanks for the post. We are excited about our launch and appreciate the support from the local gun enthusiast community.

tried to register but they didn't know what Kimber I had?
WTF?

too much work there.He needs to change that crap.
Why would it not take my gun? If I need more details,he needs to ask for less.

mjbskwim,
We are in process of adding more guns and images to our database, including kimber. We added a text box for you to type in your favorite gun even if it is not in our database. If you PM your GunUp Username and favorite kimber, I would be happy to add that to your profile. Thanks,

Dan Hall
CEO, GunUp.com

I had a brief look. I selected Ruger in the manufacturer list and semi-automatics (and semi automatic) in the action list, and the result was "there are no guns of that type". If just the manufacturer is selected then it will show photos of the various Ruger semi-autos. People new to guns are going to have problems with searching.

8 - thanks for the post. We are excited about our launch and appreciate the support from the local gun enthusiast community.

mjbskwim,
We are in process of adding more guns and images to our database, including kimber. We added a text box for you to type in your favorite gun even if it is not in our database. If you PM your GunUp Username and favorite kimber, I would be happy to add that to your profile. Thanks,

Dan Hall
CEO, GunUp.com

I'll check it again.I ain't the smartest computer guy anywho. Thanks

Funny,I just went there and it had logout at the top.HUH?
So I guess it did register me.
I need to do these things before happy hour I guess.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top