JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know of a gunsmith who specializes in fabricating detachable magazines? I realize this would be pretty specialized, but I've seen more so in my travels. And, yes, this query is due to a wacky idea I'm kicking around the old noggin.

Thanks. :D

Try CSPECS (I think thats his name)
He made Saiga/Vepr 308 mags, I think he made .308 galil mags and 12g saiga metal mags (before they were available)

Im sure if you have the dimensions you can have him fab something up.

I have made BM-59 and ACIS pattern Mags for both .30/06 length and .300 Win Mag length actions! Most recently I did the .30/06 length for a Dumoline Mauser 98 with a modded out CZ Mauser Bottom Metal/mag well setup, worked after a little fine tuning, and now I have 10 round mags for this rifle! It's not hard to do, but time consumingand requires a really good sheetmetal brake and you ether have to source springs and followers, or make your own!

Thanks guys for the ideas. This one is a tad more wacky than normal; I'm curious if there is a way of making a 10-round, detachable box magazine for the 77/44. The cartridge is, naturally, rimmed, so would be a bit more tricky, though it has been done before. The Desert Eagle we run, for example, has a box magazine and serves up the .44 goodness with ease.

Why re-invent the wheel?

1582748675539.png

Why re-invent the wheel?

View attachment 663764

Holy space pickles! Just what the doctor ordered. A tad pricey, but I can live with that. :D

I emailed them a while back asking about a 357 version. They said it's in the works, and that they may get a few extra rounds in that version, though they may stick with ten for the ability to sell in most states.

FYI; they do not have completed magazines, but are selling them. There is no indication of this on their product page and the link to the blog at the base of said is broken. This status should have been disclosed. Circa 2020 I simply do not invest in firearms or parts that are not complete as I've known way too many people burned by such ventures.

Why I know? I received an automated invoice at the time of order (2/26) and my credit card was charged that day. Since then, no tracking #, no response to an email earlier in the week asking for one, and no magazine, so I called and got a voice mail. Shortly thereafter I got a call back from their operation and received a friendly, but rambling introduction, and was told "Bodies are almost done. When back, final assembly, and we'll ship them out. Probably no later than the end of next week." I asked if a tracking # would be sent and I was answered in the affirmative.

If I don't see something by 5:00 PM MST time next Friday, I'm disputing the charge on my card.

Anyway, just giving the heads up in case others are interested.

Well, shut my mouth. Zero reply from the company, but today it showed up. It is a large, heavy magazine. Shown next to standard magazine (I had one come in today) and playing card, pen, etc. to show size.

IQM1.jpg

size.jpg

IQM2.jpg

Now to test it out on the home range. (Parenthetically, I canceled the disputed charge.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top