JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tried everything I could and can't get the pins out. Im looking for a gunsmith or someone with experience to do it for me. I had talked to Clark County Gunsmithing and was told to call/meet on a saturday before 10. I called twice and emailed with no response. I might still go through him but I'm exploring my other options. I called bright water and they werent sure if they did that, was told to come in when the owners in. I called the gun room and they would need to look at it first. $40 minimum, $80 an hour..a little spendy for me personally (since theres no time guarantee). NW armory doesn't do gunsmithing. Does anyone know of any other gunsmiths in the area? How bout someone with Mosin Nagant experience that wants a quick (hopefully) $50 or so? Im looking for a gunsmith/venting a little because this has been so frustrating lol of course on youtube the pins pop right out but this want the case for me.

If you think you are capable of doing it drill them out and if you want to reuse the rear sight base buy some brass or copper nails and file them to length to use as replacement pins I've had to do this on a sks and a shotgun and personally I think the copper/brass nails just give the gun some character. Have you tried applying heat with a torch using a proper punch (heavy duty tapered drift punch to get it started) and wacking the heck out of it they can be tough some times.

I did try to heat it up with a propane torch using an assortment of punches. I ended up having yesterday off work and was able to drop it of at clark county gunsmithing. I was hesitant because of it being a "in home" type shop but once I got there I was more comfortable. It looks to be the garage area but theres a door, a front counter /work bench and 3 other people getting stuff done and picking up ffl transfers. Ill report back on how it turns out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top