JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a M&P 9c that I'd like to install night sights on. I've been studying up on tritium vs. fiber optic vs. TFO, etc. Not settled on a manufacturer yet, but if I found a good local smith that knows M&P's well and would have a strong recommendation based on prior experience, I'd listen.

Anyone have a smith they'd recommend for such a thing? Also, considering a trigger job, but since this is my carry gun, I'll probably leave the stock trigger.

B

Do yourself a favor and buy the Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit from Apex Tactical (www.apextactical.com ). I'm no smith, but installed it myself with no problems on my M&P .45. The videos they have make it easy, although you'll need to buy a punch set to get the pins out to take the action apart It's like $80 and turns your trigger into a crisp breaking 5lb gem with vastly improved reset. My accuracy went from good to unbelievably improved once I did that.

There is a guy with an ad on the Portland Craigslist selling new in box Tru Glo Tritium "Bright Sight" for M&P pistols. Only $40.00.
Look under "Wesson" or "Glock", that should pop up the ad.
Ad states;

I have 2 sets for sale. Unused and still in their original packaging:
- Smith & Wesson M&P
- Glock 20, 21, 29, 30, 32

The BRITE*SITE is the most advanced Tritium based sighting system available! The aiming points in this sight, due to the light generating capabilities of Tritium will glow brightly under even the darker shooting conditions for the ultimate in accuracy. This technology ensures the aiming point will always be visible. Perfect for all shooting conditions!

The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights | TRUGLO, Inc.

These run anywhere from 60$ - 100$. I may be interested in trades i.e. handgun accessories, ammo, and a .22 rifle

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'm following up on them, for sure.

Still looking for any smiths that are willing to install. I know I could probably do it myself, but still interesting in creating a working relationship with a good smith in the Portland area.

Thanks!

I have Novak tritium night sights on my M&P 9. They are very expensive but well worth the money. They really light up in the dark at night and they don't dim at all. they stay lit up most all night.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top