JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a AK with out the side rail to mount a posp scope or red dot and would like to get it mounted. I called one gunsmith but he would only weld it on for $70. i really would like to get it riveted please let me know of any gunsmiths in the portland area who could provide this service please

It may (depending on your make of rifle) be cheaper and easier to trade for a WASR that has the mount installed already. Have you considered a gas-tube or rail mount?

i own a interarms ak and it functions flawless and fit and funtion is perfect. i would not trade it for a POS WASR i have had no luck with CAI products. i dont want to do the gastube or rail mount i want originality

If your real concern is keeping quality, my honest opinion would be to sell the posp scope and use the money to put towards a Tws 2nd gen dog leg rail, a beryl style rail, or a gas tube rail.
Id keep the blank left sided receiver and go with the above mentioned. Unless you really want authenticity and enjoy the short eye relief of the posp style scope.
Let it be known the akm is my platform of choice and I have over a few variants. I prefer the above mentioned methods I suggested, but truly its what you enjoy and what works for you! :)

Maybe Install it yourself, there is a guy on ebay selling bolt cutters that have been adapted to crush/peen rivets for AK receivers... it has the little cup on one side to maintain the rivet shape,its being sold for the guys that want to build their own receivers from flats, rivets are only a couple bucks ....sell the tool to someone wanting to do their first parts kit build when your done

$50
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rivet-squeezer-works-AK-/190667836532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c64b04c74"]

If youre ever in the southern Oregon area, Matt at Guns NW Home does great work on AKs, including building receivers from flats. Im sure he could do it. A little far away from you though.

If you want it done right, I would have to say that Jesse from <broken link removed>
is one of the best IMHO. Well worth a trip to Albany :s0155:

These are both excellent options, I have had AKs built by both Matt and Jesse, they both do very good work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top