JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Fires, but does not eject.

I will let this run until later tonight.......and I'll give the answer and post some pics.

Nice try with all........and contrary to popular belief, you don't need to mix up the slots in the gas rings. Every time the bolt cycles, the gas rings move around.

Here's a hint;

bcg1.jpg

Last Edited:
I was always told to stagger those :confused:

....and we were told Anna Nichole Smith married for love.

Next time we get together, I pull out a bolt, align the ring gaps, put it back together, and it'll fire/cycle just fine.

If you don't think those rings spin around.........align the rings, then cycle the bolt 10-20 times, just like firing off a magazine. Take out the bolt and see what position the rings are in.

Rumor #1 about the AR, always make sure the gaps of the gas rings are not aligned............UGH!

Last Edited:
Hm. Does smell like a gas system problem. For whatever reason the pressure difference between the gas system and the buffer spring is too low. I guess the problem could be on either end - the gas system is clogged, the FSB/gas block is off the slot, or the buffer spring is too strong (might be using one designed for hotter military ammo in a rifle loaded with very weak commercial loads...).
Gas key might be loose, or, going back to the rings, one of the gas rings may be compressed or damaged. My money is on the gas key, though. Theres a lot of force being exerted at a funny angle on that part.

Hm. Does smell like a gas system problem. My money is on the gas key, though. Theres a lot of force being exerted at a funny angle on that part.

We have a winner!

The pic above should have given it away. Look at the lack of staking of the gas key screws, a spider monkey with a marshmallow hammer could have done better!
The gas key came loose, exhausting the gases out around the key, not allowing a build up of enough pressure to cycle the bolt carrier.

We won't go into what make this was........unless you really wanna know.

Pic 2;

bcg2.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR