JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My Bushmaster did that to me a few months ago. It would only fire single shot and eject the round. I would then have to cycle the bolt to get it to fire again. I checked all the obvious stuff i.e. gas rings, gas tube, gas block. It wasn't until I went to slap it together and did the wrist flip with the bolt that I heard it make a different sound. Sure enough my gas carrier key allen bolts were loose. I tightened them up and haven't had a problem. I also put the allen wrench in my shooting box for the future.

Nope just an AK for when your AR craps out :p

About 1 year ago I purchased a new AK (Well, as new as most AK's are) and it had the same problem as this bushmaster. 1 shot, but would not cycle. I cleaned it and continued to have the same problem. I took it back to the dealer who was kind enough to replace it for another one. Again, it had the same problem, even after a good cleaning. I took it back to the dealer and I received a third one. That one did cycle but would jam on me about every 20 rounds or so. I did not take this one back because it worked, well sort of. I eventually let that AK go for next to nothing because of the problems. I have owned 4 AK's in my life and 3 of them have been crap. I have owned 2 AR's and both of them (Bushmasters) have worked perfectly. I will stick with the AR. :s0155:

Most AR's these days need a few things done to bring them up to snuff;

Torque and stake gas key screws, HD extractor & black insert, stake castle nut, install H buffer (for carbines), and if it's a flat top, install a taller front sight post.

OK, Concernment is starting to tickle a bit. You mean chances are that
more than a rag down the bore, and some lube on the action, the rifle isn't
ready to go?:huh: I bought one of those Bushy,s new (last year's model)
Carbine 16"HB with adj stock and removeable carry handle. About a dozen
Magpul and rebuilt Magpul parts. YOU MEAN IT MIGHT NOT BE GOOD TO
GO OUT OF THE BOX SO TO SPEAK? Mounted a carry handle scope, and
found the only way to bore sight it was magnetic moveable device, or
Bushnel's laser bore sighter, as sights are so far over the bore, my other
equipment wouldn't work. For some reason I just haven't taken the time
for that little task, and it sits there looking like it's flipping the fickle finger
of fate. Guess getting hammered by winter storms, it would get that little
task done, and pray that screw staking and any other ugly don't work things
don't poke their ugly heads. Nothing in this area for repair work if things go
amuck!

Cool thread but the contest ended before I could play!!!

Meh, I don't feel so bad for spending the extra dough for a Colt 6920 which has been golden from the get-go.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews