JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wanting to buy a barrel blank for my .308 Savage and I'm in need of a gunsmith to chamber/cut/crown/fit it. The only reason I'm thinking of going this route is because it seems all the barrel markers lead times are 6 months+ for them to do this work vs just ordering one of their in stock blanks. I know most gunsmiths will also have lead times but I'm hoping it's more like two months or so. But if my logic is off please let me know, just trying to figure out the best way to go about getting this done.

PM me with more specifics on what you're looking for and I'll point you in the right direction for a prefit barrel. Mcgowen, Criterion, and X-calibur prefits will almost certainly shoot better than you can hold.

I was just going to refer you, but you beat me to it! :D;)

Velzey cut down, threaded, and crowned an AR barrel for me and its TOP-NOTCH! I couldn't be happier with the results!

Here's the photos of his work:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Midway generally has shilen prefits in stock. For around $350 it's hard to beat. Gunshack often has some mcgowens in stock. Northland shooter supply can get you criterion and shilen prefits, I've bought 3 from them and one from gunshack.

Do you have the tools for the install?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads