JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am about to kick off a couple of projects. The one I'm really struggling with is finding a quality gunsmith who has experience with the Winchester model 88.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Jim

The model 88 winchester is a pretty durable lever gun. They must be well liked, a bunch were built and rarely do I see any for sale.

They are! I grew up hunting with one in 308. I now have a project with a very corroded 308 barrel. The plan is to convert it to 358 Win. :)

Tim might be a little difficult to get ahold of, as he is extremely busy, but he's a good guy and does nice work.

I suspect they're swamped. I've seen lead times quoted so far from five months to a year. I'm excited to finally get this project off the ground but it's not a current hunting rifle so the wait won't kill me.

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to make contact with Tim at Copeland though and he has my 88! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

I was an idiot and was too excited to remember to take before photos. I asked Tim to do so for me when he is ready to start the work and he said he always does on projects like mine. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top