JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can check with the various Cowboy Action (SASS) clubs in the area is these 87s are the main shotguns they use. Many of the clubs have gunsmiths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea if he has worked on any model '97's, but I have had some gunsmithing work on a few of my guns by Al's Gun Shop in Forest Grove (formerly Verboort). He was reasonable and did good work.

The gun and it's sibling have been sitting for a long time and need a serious cleaning. Also, I can't get one of them to go back together (they are takedown models) and I don't ever remember it being together in one piece (over 30 years). I'm worried if I take them apart I may not get them back together again. May want to get the barrel shortened also as one was already cut down.

I had been thinking of contacting a Cowboy Action club. May call Al's tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Just had 2 of mine repaired by a cowboy named General Lee Good. Unfortunately He's in Medford.

Are you lookin to get the guns just in working order or are you wanting to "Cowboy" it?

I think I've found someone close by to help. Thanks for all the input.

Not sure what I want to do until I make sure they are safe and in working order. I'm thinking of keeping one stock and the other with a shortened barrel for home defense. Lot of family history in them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top