JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a gunsmith in the Roseburg area to build a barrel for Savage 1899 30-30.
Or someone that can point me in the right direction to buy a new or used barrel. Also looking for misc. parts for an early model 1899 30-30.
Thanks
Myron

I would start with Curt Mendinhall, in southerlin off hwy 99. He has a archery pro shop but also builds custom rifles. If he does not want to do the work he might have an idea who will.

You may also try Mike Blatt. Was recommended by several friends. He is located in green. Just met him today, very nice guy. He will be able to point you in the right direction if nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at <broken link removed>. They make custom rifles and custom barrels. They can re-rifle a worn out barrel to a larger caliber, install a rifled barrel liner, or they can make a barrel from scratch. They may also know where to find scarce parts.

Oh, and they specialize in restoration of antique rifles:

photo7.jpg

I don't know Mike, but I have dealt with Greg Cooper for 30+ years. Master Gunsmith and reloader.

He operates Lone Rock Arms on Lone Rock Rd. Glide, Or. Open to the public on W/Th/F in the afternoons.

He does not advertise...strictly word of mouth ....and builds rifles and handguns from the frame up for folks, all over the world. Also reloads many calibers, including .50.
A nice guy but very busy, thus his limited hours with the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Cooper is deceased. Business is closed. Widow would appreciate no calls.
This is true, I attended his funeral. A very sad day and a huge loss to the firearms community nationwide.
There is a Master Gunsmith in Veneta, Or. My best friend is very pleased with this man's quality of work.

The guy in Veneta was trained at the Colt factory and he can really slick up a Python.....or anything else.
He also does very nice bluing and works on old military or antique firearms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top