Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gunsmith in PDX area M&P Sight Install

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Dobe1548, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Dobe1548

Dobe1548 Portland, OR Member

Hey all, I tried to install sights on an M&Pc. Was able to drift out and replace the rear sight. The front sight I can not seem to punch it back in. Anyone know of a good gunsmith in PDX area that would install the front sight? I've done google searches for hours it seems but haven't found any decent gunsmith. Thanks for the help.

2. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

Shooters Service center in St Johns. John set up my M&P .22 with a beautiful set of fiber optics. Cast about $40.

3. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

4. Dobe1548

Thanks for the info. I tried calling shooters service but the phone number seems like a fax. This is the number I tried. 503-289-1280.

5. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

They are usually open Tuesday through Saturday. They usually are closed around 5pm. (503) 289-1280 is the number I have.

6. Dobe1548

Thanks for all the help everyone. Tried calling shooters service a few times and the phone just goes to a fax machine tone, kind of weird.

7. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Get it to me, I'll do it for nuthin. PM me your contact info., and we'll discuss.

8. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I too am looking to pay someone for a sight install on my shield! I went into Shooters Service Supply and had less than a stellar experience when asking for a the sights to be installed. They however had a great deal on 5.56 ammo which I did not pass on.

9. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

10. Dobe1548

Thanks to all of you guys for helping out!!! And a big :thumbup: to Wichaka for offering to help me out on the spot. I never was able to contact shooters service center. I ended up making a punch out of a chisel and it worked out very well, kinda easy to do now.