JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for opinions on a gunsmith in or near Roseburg. I have a savage 110 in a 30-06 that I want a muzzle brake installed on. Relax before I get castrated. I broke my neck, back, and ruptured my firing shoulders rotator cuff. I am planning on installing Graco BreaKO mercury tubes to reduce the recoil even more. Even my AR hurts after 10 shots or so.....
Any help?

Give the Roseburg Rod and gun club a call, I'm sure they will have a list of gun smiths. There is also a new gun smith in Wilber that had a News Review article done on him a while back. There is also a good gun smith in Glide, but has over a year of backlog. Good luck

Send a PM to oregonjohn, his friend Mike does muzzle breaks, bolt handles, etc. Very reasonable and up to date on the newest stuff. A lot of the old timers around here are still doing 1960's gunsmithing.

If you are looking for precision there is a couple guys over in North Bend that built this insane rifle. Full Custom 300 RUM Completed! - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Here it's shooting under 3" at 1369 yards and under 2" at 727 yards. Retumbo or H50BMG in 32" 300 RUM? - Page 5 - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

If you google them you will see samples of other things they have done.

I have it on good authority that they will do your brake while you watch with an appointment. Then you can see those 10 thousandth indicators working for yourself.

More recently I have wondered the same.

I found a local listing in Roseburg
Pete Swanson.
(510)406-2962
He is noted for the following services and licensing.

CERTIFIED APPLICATOR SINCE 2005. 07/SOT FFL. MACHINE SHOP SVCS, BBL THREADING ETC. COMPUTER LASER ENGRAVING; S/N, LOGO.
CEREKOTE CERTIFIED✔️

Hope 10 years wasn't too long to wait for this answer. 😉

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews