1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Gunsmith in/near Roseburg OR

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by kennedy82mp, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kennedy82mp

kennedy82mp winston New Member

I am looking for opinions on a gunsmith in or near Roseburg. I have a savage 110 in a 30-06 that I want a muzzle brake installed on. Relax before I get castrated. I broke my neck, back, and ruptured my firing shoulders rotator cuff. I am planning on installing Graco BreaKO mercury tubes to reduce the recoil even more. Even my AR hurts after 10 shots or so.....
    Any help?
  2. Nitro 54

Nitro 54 S.W. Oregon New Member

Give the Roseburg Rod and gun club a call, I'm sure they will have a list of gun smiths. There is also a new gun smith in Wilber that had a News Review article done on him a while back. There is also a good gun smith in Glide, but has over a year of backlog. Good luck
  3. gunfreak

gunfreak Meridian Well-Known Member

Send a PM to oregonjohn, his friend Mike does muzzle breaks, bolt handles, etc. Very reasonable and up to date on the newest stuff. A lot of the old timers around here are still doing 1960's gunsmithing.
  4. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter North Bend OR Active Member

If you are looking for precision there is a couple guys over in North Bend that built this insane rifle. Full Custom 300 RUM Completed! - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Here it's shooting under 3" at 1369 yards and under 2" at 727 yards. Retumbo or H50BMG in 32" 300 RUM? - Page 5 - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

If you google them you will see samples of other things they have done.

I have it on good authority that they will do your brake while you watch with an appointment. Then you can see those 10 thousandth indicators working for yourself.
  5. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter