JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I asked this same question 6 years ago!

Looking for a good gunsmith in Grants Pass or the surrounding area. I'm considering picking up a rifle that doesn't have any iron sights and I need to have a hole drilled and tapped to add a front iron sight. Any suggestions?

For specifics, it would be a Ruger American Rimfire model 8351:
8351.jpg

So that I could add a Tech Sights rear aperture sight with front post:
Front-sight-on-non-threaded-barrel.jpg

Side rant: Why can I never find STAINLESS rifles with threaded barrels and iron sights? It seems like they would make ideal rugged guns in that configuration.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if he's still there, but there was one old boy with a shop on G street in Grants Pass, kinda right across the street from the little shopping complex. Before I found a source, I was gonna have him machine me a firing pin for an old oddity import shotgun.

Could also stop off at Fox Firearms and see if they can direct you to someone local and trusted. I've been dealing with them for damn near 20 years, and they've always been real solid guys.

I don't think there is anyone on G St anymore but I'll look into it. Last time I asked the guys at Fox, they directed me to a guy in Medford who used to be backlogged for months but I think is retired now. I'll ask them again.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I had heard Boening had retired. He was the one there used to be a waiting list for. His business's Facebook page appears to be current. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder.

I called Ed Boening and he said it would take about a week when I brought it in and would cost between $40 and $60. He is open something like 9 - 5:30 M-Th. Thanks for all the suggestions and I hope this helps someone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top