JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello there --

I recently picked-up a revolver at a gun show. The revolver is a nice custom job done on a Colt frame with a 2.5" Colt Python .357 magnum barrel. The whole gun has been parkerized and looks pretty nice.
Although the barrel has markings on it that says .357 magnum ... the cylinder is a .38 special.

Here's the one million dollar question: Can I substitute the cylinder for one that accepts .357 magnum shells? If yes, can somebody point me to where I can buy one?

Thanks and keep shooting ..
Nick

Hello there --

I recently picked-up a revolver at a gun show. The revolver is a nice custom job done on a Colt frame with a 2.5" Colt Python .357 magnum barrel. The whole gun has been parkerized and looks pretty nice.
Although the barrel has markings on it that says .357 magnum ... the cylinder is a .38 special.

Here's the one million dollar question: Can I substitute the cylinder for one that accepts .357 magnum shells? If yes, can somebody point me to where I can buy one?

Thanks and keep shooting ..
Nick

Did you get it at the Centralia gun show?
It might be to one where the barrel wasn't set back far enough for the shroud to contact the frame.

I would have smith check it out that specializes in Colt Pythons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top