Gunsmith advice

Hello there --

I recently picked-up a revolver at a gun show. The revolver is a nice custom job done on a Colt frame with a 2.5" Colt Python .357 magnum barrel. The whole gun has been parkerized and looks pretty nice.
Although the barrel has markings on it that says .357 magnum ... the cylinder is a .38 special.

Here's the one million dollar question: Can I substitute the cylinder for one that accepts .357 magnum shells? If yes, can somebody point me to where I can buy one?

Thanks and keep shooting ..
Nick

Hello there --

I recently picked-up a revolver at a gun show. The revolver is a nice custom job done on a Colt frame with a 2.5" Colt Python .357 magnum barrel. The whole gun has been parkerized and looks pretty nice.
Although the barrel has markings on it that says .357 magnum ... the cylinder is a .38 special.

Here's the one million dollar question: Can I substitute the cylinder for one that accepts .357 magnum shells? If yes, can somebody point me to where I can buy one?

Thanks and keep shooting ..
Nick
Did you get it at the Centralia gun show?
It might be to one where the barrel wasn't set back far enough for the shroud to contact the frame.

I would have smith check it out that specializes in Colt Pythons.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom