JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll start. I have a Savage model 11 "trophy hunter" (whatever that means) in 6.5 creedmoor. Thing shoots FANTASTIC and recoils mildly but dang it if I don't feel a little twinge of embarrassment when someone asks about it at the range. I blame the tactical sniperdudes for ruining the appeal of what really is a pretty good little cartridge. Wish I'd gotten it in 7-08 now :oops:.

I also have a mossberg 535 with a butt ugly camo finish from the factory that I use for turkey. Been tempted more than once to grab a rattle can of anything else to give my eyes a break.

Lastly, I'll admit to owning an Altor single shot 9mm. :D

Don't feel embarassed. I am one of those "tactical" dudes; VietNam vet, retired cop, taught tactical shooting, taught precision reloading, taught long range recision shooting, etc. etc. It sounds like you like the rifle and the cartridge. Most people don't get to like what they have and keep looking and continue buying. Always trying to "one up" the Jones next door. Savage makes great and accurate rifles right out of the box, and affordable. So what if the Hi-Point pistols and rifles are cheaply made and ugly. They work! They are reliable! You can buy 2 or 3 for the price of a Glock! Once they see my targets, you won't see a Range Diva or a Sniper Want-a-Be trash talk me. My best 600yd groups were made with a Savage 110. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Not embarrassed of a single gun I have - It's *mine*, it's *my right*, and I live in *America*.
Snobs can suck it if they feel superior with their gold plated MP-5 and their custom rifle.
Hoeever, that doesn't hold me back from coveting their hardware. :rolleyes:

I don't feel embarrassed for the guns that I own.

However...
There are times when I am out on the range or hunting and someone just has to make a disparaging comment on :
"Those old black powder guns".

In response , I usually let my shooting do my talking for me.
While I am not Daniel Boone , David Crockett or Kit Carson...I do shoot pretty good.
So while giving a demonstration of the loading and shooting process , I can put some misinformation to rest...:D
Andy

I have 2. A Remington 710 in 30-06. Its arguably the biggest POS ever made but it started the whole inexpensive gun craze. They were they first to have a sub $300 rifle. It does shoot well.

I am willing to admit under this that I have 6.5. I shouldn't. But I won it at an auction. The only good thing is that it is an American flag stock so that's cool. But now that I have one I can really say , why does anything think they are so special? I can truly say its and overrated experience.

I have a folder full of disparaging 6.5 Creedmoor memes, but since you understand what it is you have, I won't deploy them..........

.......yet. :D

-E-

How about this one?

(the painted bullets are my favorite)

weirdgun.jpg

My Walther P22 is the worst - it shoots fine, but doesn't reliably cycle very often even with good .22lr ammo.
I've been through it a few times - smoothing this out, playing with springs...
It never sees range time unless my son wants to bring it along.

Maybe I'll soak it in 0-20 for a week and cycle the action 1000 times by hand :s0082:

I started shooting some Speed Steel, USPSA, IDPA and PR over this last year and love it, but I kind of suck. I have pretty mediocre guns for competition (Ruger American pistol and a bare bones S&W Sport II) and very basic holsters and pouches (pockets). None of the equipment cost much when I bought so I was always wanting to get better kit. Some of the folks are really decked out. It was kind of embarrassing some times. As I went to more competitions I realized better kit won't help my game. I'd rather suck and have fun with my cheap kit, than spend a crap load of money to look cool but still suck. Now, that would be really embarrassing.

My Hipoint 9mm pistola, bought it years ago with full box of ammo for $100.
who would have thought I could just about get my money back selling the ammo and throw the junk in for free?

My Walther P22 is the worst - it shoots fine, but doesn't reliably cycle very often even with good .22lr ammo.
I've been through it a few times - smoothing this out, playing with springs...
It never sees range time unless my son wants to bring it along.

Maybe I'll soak it in 0-20 for a week and cycle the action 1000 times by hand :s0082:

Weird.. my p22 is 100% reliable and super easy to rack.

I love all of my guns;)

Only thing I would change is the magpul furniture on my AK to wood but it's shoots fine as is so oh well:rolleyes:

I started shooting some Speed Steel, USPSA, IDPA and PR over this last year and love it, but I kind of suck. I have pretty mediocre guns for competition (Ruger American pistol and a bare bones S&W Sport II) and very basic holsters and pouches (pockets). None of the equipment cost much when I bought so I was always wanting to get better kit. Some of the folks are really decked out. It was kind of embarrassing some times. As I went to more competitions I realized better kit won't help my game. I'd rather suck and have fun with my cheap kit, than spend a crap load of money to look cool but still suck. Now, that would be really embarrassing.
I shot in USPSA matches for several years but got fed up with the snobbish attitudes of many of the open-class shooters with no sense of humor and their gear that takes the 'Practical' out of USPSA. They really know how to take the fun out of competitive sport.

I shot in USPSA matches for several years but got fed up with the snobbish attitudes of many of the open-class shooters with no sense of humor and their gear that takes the 'Practical' out of USPSA. They really know how to take the fun out of competitive sport.

I found the same thing unfortunately. I have really stuck with IDPA, 2 gun and PR the last few months and really enjoy them. My 13 year old daughter has started shooting the speed steel matches with me the last couple of months. So much fun.

"Guns Your Embarrassed To Own"......None. We sold it.

There is one I "have", but I don't own it. It was part of a small collection of her deceased husband that I helped an old gal liquidate some years ago. And I'm not going to pay anyone to take it. And haven't the inclination to destroy it. And certainly not the slightest desire to chance shooting it.

1608566614651.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads