JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A writer in a major firearm's publication decried that polymer framed firearms are guns without a soul. He felt. that the only firearms with a soul, are metal framed firearms that will withstand the elements of time and provide a more enjoyable shooting experience are firearms like Browning Hi-powers, 1911's, wheel guns by Colt, Smith & Ruger and other similar firearms.

I like his argument. I also prefer shooting my metal framed firearms over my polymer framed guns.

What are your feelings?
1643187128103.jpeg

I won't own a plastic guns , but I have absolutely nothing against them. I prefer walnut and steel. Now all my old guns have soul because the people who built them had soul

Whats plastic? Carbon fiber? Kevlar? Some traditionalists think those are plastic.

I have them all. Plastic, Kevlar, CF, wood, Laminate, metal. I live them all. As long as they shot well I could care less. Different guns for different uses.

And right there. Deep in the sediment. Will be a Glock 19! While at the same time, the wood and steel gun will be nothing but a black and dark brown stain in that sediment.
Wouldn't it really just be a trigger, sights, magazine catch, magazine (partial) and a frame? Seeing the slide, barrel, takedown release, partial magazine and fire control group are all metal based, just leaving a blackish/brownish taint to the sediment….

Then, it would truly be soul-less….

- A Glock owner

Blued steel and walnut firearms are lovingly crafted by their creators, master craftsmen in both wood and steel, carefully measuring, filing, fitting and finishing with great care and pride.
I'll be darned. I'd always thought they did it for money. :)

I'm guessing old farts like me prefer steel and wood, youngsters are all plastic-like. None of my children knew a world when man had NOT visited the moon, or lacked electronic calculators. Me, I learned to drive a three-on-the-tree and how to load a single action. I know young guys who cannot shift a manual transmission and have never fired a revolver.

The times they are a changin'. (I think an old person said that.) Let the youngsters shoot their youngster guns. I'll keep dry firing my single action--single handed, strong side and weak side.

My friend has some kind of earlier S+W attempt at being a Glock. It is a miserable POS and it has neutered 10-round mags. Terrible trigger. Sucks all around.

Its polymer frame, specifically, does not make it soulless. But it maybe helps me think of the gun in that way.

The Bible's answer The word "soul" in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. The Hebrew word literally means "a creature that breathes," and the Greek word means "a living being." * The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body. (From JW.org)

Well, I have both metal and plastic guns from metal 1911s, Beretta 92s and S&W 659 to plastic guns in the form of Glock, CZ and Walther and I have never considered them to have a soul but was always told they did.

They do not breath or feel or have the will to do as they want because if they did, the anti-gunners would be correct in saying they are the reason people use them to kill other people, because if they have the will as a living being or having a "soul" they could then manipulate others to do their bidding. Just as humans use their living breathing soul to manipulate other humans.

They are just inanimate objects to be used as a tool for sport, hunting and survival no different than any other tool.

Now granted they sometimes do seem to have an attitude that makes them finicky, aggressive looking and yet still be a joy to shoot but that is a whole other topic.

In 10,000 years we will all just be a layer of sediment. Shoot whatever you want now before it's too late.
^ This.

Yes, there is plenty of garbage, er, guns on the market now I'd call "soulless" and uninteresting. But who the hell cares. Shoot what you want, when you want, how you want. Because we've all got very limited time on this little blue marble.

A writer in a major firearm's publication decried that polymer framed firearms are guns without a soul. He felt. that the only firearms with a soul, are metal framed firearms that will withstand the elements of time and provide a more enjoyable shooting experience are firearms like Browning Hi-powers, 1911's, wheel guns by Colt, Smith & Ruger and other similar firearms.

I like his argument. I also prefer shooting my metal framed firearms over my polymer framed guns.

What are your feelings?
I say BS. I have lots of metal guns and I like them. I also like glocks and some other polymer guns. The only ones with "soul" are the ones a person has special connection to imo.

I appreciate any well built, well designed, and totally reliable firearm no matter what it's made of. An unreliable, poorly built, or poorly designed firearm I dislike very much, no matter if it is made out of metal or polymer.

I'm a guy. That means I interpret words literally. No inanimate object has a "soul." Period. The psychological term for the phenomenon discussed in this thread is called projection. Projection occurs when somebody assigns his or her feelings onto another person, animal, or object. In that regard I am absolutely guilty as charged. I assign all kinds of feelings to my guns, so I guess in that projectionist sense they all have souls, regardless the materials they are made from.

All those people who grew up in the 50's, 60's and 70's with

1648564058568.png

1648564143763.png
1648564237226.png

Who then got into business in the 80's and 90's and made decisions like this:

1648564304089.png

1648564324864.png

Don't talk to me about "soul".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show