JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns were the number one cause of death to US children/teens in 2020
yet dems won't allow gun safety classes in school cause they obviously want more dead kids/teens

Yeah true but at least they are pushing CRT and kindergarten gender choice theory.

I disagree with Link's title.
As the old saying goes , guns don't kill people , people kill people....
Either on purpose or through misuse of a firearm....
Or even with a justifiable reason.

Also worth note is that people have killed people without firearms and will continue to kill others , no matter how many laws , bans or restrictions there are against murder or firearms.

I do agree that a elective firearms safety course * would be a good idea for a school class.

*A course that was :
Non-political....
That taught basic :
Firearm safety and handling...
Ballistics , as in just what bullets and shot actually do....
And firearms ID.
Andy

Edit to add :
A firearm safety course is no guarantee of safety.
We have drivers ed. classes...and yet we still have driving mishaps.
Safety is best accomplished with the proper mindset for the given activity.

Last Edited:
Interestingly, my 9 year old neice had a teacher in Seattle School dist who told her whole class to never play with guns or fire. Apparently my niece is worried because she doesn't know how to differentiate between a real gun, and a fake gun, and she doesn't understand what makes a gun potentially dangerous. She was worried enough that she started asking her parents, they didnt have great answers (non gun owners), so they they told her to ask me. She did, now Uncle T is hosting gun saftey for my 8 nephews and nieces, and shooting lessons come summer time. Next is fire building while overnight camping.

I teach HS Science, and a firm believer in teaching the physics/chemical reactions behind WHY we need to be extra cautious in many cenarios, but fear is not the answer, knowledge is. Great example, you could tell a HS student to be careful driving, and to watch the speed limit when they are driving, but lets be real, at least few kids in the class are going to try pushing the limits of Mom's Subaru on a Saturday night, trying to get to the tripple digits on the spedo no matter whi trlls them not to. Thats an amazing opportunity to teach kids state standards surrounding kinetic energy transfers, and WHY its imortant to keep speeds down. KE=1/2mv^2 baby! The little "v" can be the difference between life and death. Maybe instead of 105mph, that little "v" will pop on their head and they will back off at 90 mph. Sadly though, yes, firearms saftey is not something I am able to teach, and I am sure there would be many disgruntled parents if that were to happen. Its like the urban environment's equivilant to abstinence only teaching in health class. And I did lose a kiddo to an accidental shooting a few years ago. HS kid was playing with Dad's loaded revolver and accidentally shot their friend. Multiple teenagers were in the room too. Sad story all around and easily avoidable if they had all been taught proper saftey. My hunters ed instructor burned that into our brains when I was 11.

Last Edited:
Let's us Prog logic against them:

There are more gun restrictions than ever before, and now guns are the number 1 killer of children. Wake the F up, America.

Also worth note is that people have killed people without firearms and will continue to kill others , no matter how many laws , bans or restrictions there are against murder or firearms.

I do agree that a elective firearms safety course * would be a good idea for a school class.

*A course that was :
Non-political....
That taught basic :
And firearms ID.
Andy

Edit to add :

*A course that was :
Non-political....
That taught basic :
And firearms ID.
Andy

Edit to add :
Interestingly my school offers an elective Forensic Science class that I usually teach. We do cover some basics surrounding bullet trajectories, entry/exit wounds, basics around bullet calibers, empty shell ID, and a little bit on firearm basics. Think 5 loaded 1 empty in a six shooter- matching caliber to firearms, powder residue (close range encounter) etc. But there is alot of stuff in there, basic info that a forensic scientist would need to know including drugs/overdose info, keeping a crime scene uncontaminated, etc. Kids submit some great work, mock crime scenes, body outlines, its a hoot to grade. Its approached from a non biased viewpoint in that firearms are simply a component in todays crimes, and how can we use that info to understand a scene.

Interestingly my school offers an elective Forensic Science class that I usually teach. We do cover some basics surrounding bullet trajectories, entry/exit wounds, basics around bullet calibers, empty shell ID, and a little bit on firearm basics. Think 5 loaded 1 empty in a six shooter- matching caliber to firearms, powder residue (close range encounter) etc. But there is alot of stuff in there, basic info that a forensic scientist would need to know including drugs/overdose info, keeping a crime scene uncontaminated, etc. Kids submit some great work, mock crime scenes, body outlines, its a hoot to grade. Its approached from a non biased viewpoint in that firearms are simply a component in todays crimes, and how can we use that info to understand a scene.
That's good stuff right there...:D

I am the Dean of Students at an elementary school....I wouldn't be able to teach your class there.
However....
I do help out in our archery class...I bring in some of my traditional archery gear , to include bows and arrows...
And help with teaching history of archery , firing line safety as well as demonstrations of shooting.
Andy

Last Edited:
That's good stuff right there...:D

I am the Dean of Students at an elementary school....I wouldn't be able to teach your class there.
However....
I do help out in our archery class...I bring in some of my traditional archery gear , to include bows and arrows...
And help with teaching firing line safety as well as demonstrations of shooting.
Andy
Nice! Thats very cool. Not many schools offer that now days, thanks for sharing your knowledge and supplies, im sure that will benefit quite a few kids.

Nice! Thats very cool. Not many schools offer that now days, thanks for sharing your knowledge and supplies, im sure that will benefit quite a few kids.
Thank you.
The kids get a kick out of for sure.

One thing that strikes me as funny is :
I will bring a Southern Cheyenne bow....original , antique with a matching arrow , circa 1860 -1870's.
I also bring in a longbow that I made in wood shop class , when I was in high school.

The kids dig the Cheyenne bow and arrow for sure...
But really Wow over the fact that I made a bow in school and that its "old"....I made the bow circa 1984 / 85...:D
Andy

As in the adult population I imagine the vast majority were suicides and gang/crime related homicide. Both of those are verified as waaaay up during the defund/plandemic time frame.
I'm not sure I believe these numbers either way. The anti-gun propaganda is ramping up to the level of completely obvious fabrications. Realistically, if post puberty teens were left out (mostly eliminating gang activity in the demographic) as well as the suicides, the gun death ranking for actual "children" would be somewhere just below choking on Legos, tide pod poisoning and parkour accidents.

Last line of the piece has all the information you need.

"The rate of gun-related deaths per 100,000 residents of all ages rose among both men and women and across ethnic demographics from 2019 to 2020, with the largest increase among Black Americans, researchers found."

If "researchers" removed the Black demographic how would the causes of death change?

Be advised, just because it's racial it's not necessarily racist.

From the link in https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

1-19 years

"The previous analysis, which examined data through 2016, showed that firearm-related injuries were second only to motor vehicle crashes (both traffic-related and nontraffic-related) as the leading cause of death among children and adolescents, defined as persons 1 to 19 years of age.4 Since 2016, that gap has narrowed, and in 2020, firearm-related injuries became the leading cause of death in that age group (Figure 1). From 2019 to 2020, the relative increase in the rate of firearm-related deaths of all types (suicide, homicide, unintentional, and undetermined) among children and adolescents was 29.5% — more than twice as high as the relative increase in the general population. The increase was seen across most demographic characteristics and types of firearm-related death (Fig. S1 in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org)."

4. Cunningham RM, Walton MA, Carter PM. The major causes of death in children and adolescents in the United States. N Engl J Med 2018;379:2468-2475.

From the link in https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

1-19 years

"The previous analysis, which examined data through 2016, showed that firearm-related injuries were second only to motor vehicle crashes (both traffic-related and nontraffic-related) as the leading cause of death among children and adolescents, defined as persons 1 to 19 years of age.4 Since 2016, that gap has narrowed, and in 2020, firearm-related injuries became the leading cause of death in that age group (Figure 1). From 2019 to 2020, the relative increase in the rate of firearm-related deaths of all types (suicide, homicide, unintentional, and undetermined) among children and adolescents was 29.5% — more than twice as high as the relative increase in the general population. The increase was seen across most demographic characteristics and types of firearm-related death (Fig. S1 in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org)."

4. Cunningham RM, Walton MA, Carter PM. The major causes of death in children and adolescents in the United States. N Engl J Med 2018;379:2468-2475.
...and neither are 18 and 19 year olds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads